【英譯論語】學而篇(1-7)

來源: WXCTEATIME 2022-04-10 07:27:11 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3828 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ WXCTEATIME ] 在 2022-04-10 11:43:59 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

子曰:“君子不重則不威,學則不固。主忠信,無友不如己者,過,則勿憚改。”

Confucius said: ”Noblemen neither receive others’ respect nor obtain solid knowledge if they can’t act seriously and stably. Noblemen shall focus on loyalty and faith, and shall not make friends with the people who has no desire to advance. Noblemen shall correct their mistakes immediately without any hesitation.”

子夏曰:“賢賢易色;事父母,能竭其力;事君,能致其身;與朋友交,言而有信。雖曰未學,吾必謂之學矣。”

Zi xia said:”Some people emphasize on enhancing their merit instead of paying more attention on glossy veneer. They do their best to take care of their parents. They are willing to devote their lives to serve their monarchs. They always keep their words when deal with friends. Although they called themselves uneducated, but absolutely I would call them well educated.”

子曰:“弟子入則孝,出則弟,謹而信,泛愛眾,而親仁,行有餘力,則以學文。”

Confucius said:”My students shall respect and treat their elders kindly at home; deal with others modestly and politely in society; to be cautious and faithful always; spread their concern and love to the people as extensive as possible; to be close to the persons with kindheartedness; they could study literature if they still have spare time and energy after completing their daily routine.”

子曰:“道千乘之國,敬事而信,節用而愛人,使民以時。

Confucius said: ”To rule a big country well the government shall pay attention to the following aspects: be serious and faithful to every affair;  consuming goods economically but don’t treat people harshly; employing people to work at proper times every year.”

子曰:“巧言令色,鮮矣仁!”

Confucius said: ”The people who often flatter their words or expressions are unlikely have kindheartedness.”

曾子曰:“吾日三省吾身:為人謀而不忠乎?與朋友交而不信乎?傳不習乎?”

Zengcius said: “Everyday I examine my behaviours and thoughts many times in three areas: if I was unfaithful when design scheme for others? If I was  dishonest when deal with friends?If I have not mastered my teacher’s instructions?”

有子曰:“其為人也孝弟,而好犯上者,鮮矣;不好犯上而好作亂者,未之有也。君子務本,本立而道生。孝弟也者,其為仁之本與!”

Youcius said:”It’s few that someone who always takes care of seniors and juniors kindly but likes offending his/her supervisor;

It’s impossible that someone who doesn’t like offending his/her supervisor but like to violate rules and regulations;

Gentlemen lay emphasis on base, as the moralities will develop from the base.
The base of kindheartedness is to treat both seniors and juniors kindly.”

子曰:“學而時習之,不亦說乎?
有朋自遠方來,不亦樂乎?
人不知而不慍(yùn),不亦君子乎?”

Confucius said:”It is delightful to learn new knowledge and review them regularly, isn’t it?  
It is pleasant to have friends coming from afar, isn’t it? 
It is noble person’s manner to keep calm when the learners didn’t understand what they were taught.”

所有跟帖: 

論語除了最開始的一句,都是和茶詩人學的:) -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/10/2022 postreply 11:49:01

版主客氣了,能一點點欣賞喜歡傳統儒學就是好事。:) -WXCTEATIME- 給 WXCTEATIME 發送悄悄話 WXCTEATIME 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/10/2022 postreply 14:40:34

恭喜茶詩人。首頁進來,謝謝網管,【英譯論語】學而篇(1-7)推薦成功 -梅雨潭- 給 梅雨潭 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 04/10/2022 postreply 15:24:32

多謝版主和網管青眼有加:) -WXCTEATIME- 給 WXCTEATIME 發送悄悄話 WXCTEATIME 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/10/2022 postreply 17:33:21

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”