Thank for the comments and the suggestions

來源: 馬下人 2014-03-25 20:11:49 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2077 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 馬下人 ] 在 2014-04-01 11:55:49 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
---I would say: "How much do I love you?". The key difference is "how much" vs. "how deep" when it comes to expressing love in English.

I highly agree with you on this.  Actually I has this in the translation for nearly two months untill I put it in my blog.  I made last minute change to trade this with reduced repetitions.  Similar change was made to "already touched my heart(soul)".

--In American culture, moonshine is often connected to something wimpy; it is not very romantic at all. 

Thank for mention this.  I was not exposed to this cultural indication.  But I did checked the usage of "the moon shines on my heart"  in romatic sense before I decide to use it.  I was not very positive that time knowing something sounds natural in one culture not necessarily be natural in other culture.  I did find the similar expression is used.  After read your comments I did another search and further confirmed it is used and is understood the same way as I perceived before.  An example can be seen in a love poem below.

when the moon shines down upon your heart
I'll be there right there beside you
when the moon shines softly in the night
when the moon shines down upon your soul love
when the moon shines softly in the dark
I'll be there with love beside you
there forever in your heart.....

the link is http://okitakehyate.deviantart.com/art/When-the-moon-shines-down-upon-your-soul-love-413554236

This type of translation is not popular for many reasons.  It is limited by many factors.  The verse translated still in Chinese "shell".

Thank again for the comments and suggestions.

所有跟帖: 

You did a wonderful job! Kudos to you for your efforts. -環繞自然- 給 環繞自然 發送悄悄話 環繞自然 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/25/2014 postreply 22:53:55

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”