回複:翻譯《月亮代表我的心》歌詞

來源: 環繞自然 2014-03-25 13:55:39 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1497 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 環繞自然 ] 在 2014-04-01 11:55:49 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
回答: 翻譯《月亮代表我的心》歌詞馬下人2014-03-24 20:03:41
Good job! This romantic song is so deeply rooted in the Chinese culture; it is very far removed from the American way of love song expression. This song epitomizes the deep culture divide between the traditional Chinese and American expression of  amorous peotry. Thus, any attempt to translate this song into English is a tremendous challenge by itself.

Now, let us look at some examples with options as follows:

"你問我愛你有多深", and the translation in this post: "You've asked how deep I loved you". Here are some options to ponder:

In America, when I want to say 我愛你有多深?, I would say: "How much do I love you?". The key difference is "how much" vs. "how deep" when it comes to expressing love in English.

Another gentle comment is about the use of "moon shines". In American culture, moonshine is often connected to something wimpy; it is not very romantic at all. While traditional Chinese culture considers the moon as a symbol of romance and love, we must be careful when it comes to using "moon shines on something" to express love. Because for American ladies, it is wimpy, rather than romantic.

I shall go no further and stop right here, before I get into deep trouble. For those who disagree with me, please just ignore my comment.

所有跟帖: 

問好小曼,我跟著你和大家一起學習,開開心心:)) -環繞自然- 給 環繞自然 發送悄悄話 環繞自然 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/25/2014 postreply 15:08:58

"deep cultural divide" as I stand corrected for the previous typ -環繞自然- 給 環繞自然 發送悄悄話 環繞自然 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/25/2014 postreply 15:25:51

小曼,You're pulling my leg! 你沒看懂什麽東東? -環繞自然- 給 環繞自然 發送悄悄話 環繞自然 的博客首頁 (170 bytes) () 03/25/2014 postreply 16:13:21

小曼是高超阿!翻譯的一級棒,我要拜你為師了:)) -環繞自然- 給 環繞自然 發送悄悄話 環繞自然 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/25/2014 postreply 16:17:04

Thank for the comments and the suggestions -馬下人- 給 馬下人 發送悄悄話 馬下人 的博客首頁 (2077 bytes) () 03/25/2014 postreply 20:11:49

You did a wonderful job! Kudos to you for your efforts. -環繞自然- 給 環繞自然 發送悄悄話 環繞自然 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/25/2014 postreply 22:53:55

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”