無則加勉哈,我翻譯的話估計達不到你的水平。

來源: 小釗 2013-05-03 13:19:47 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2172 bytes)
回答: 翻譯習作:甜言蜜語VS良藥苦口林卡2013-05-02 15:49:39
Sweetened Words V.S. Bitter-sweet Pills
(Sweetened Words vs. Bitter-sweet Pills)

Just saw a comment from a fellow Chinese in a forum saying there is a lack of natural praise in our culture. I think it’s so true.
(I saw a comment made by a fellow Chinese saying there is a lack of natural praise in our culture. I can't agree more.)

The way North Americans relate to each other generally focuses on finding others’ merits to give praise, boosting people’s self-confidence and encouraging them for self-motivation. 
(The way westerners relate to each other generally focuses on finding merits to give praise, boosting self-confidence and promoting self-motivation.)

In contrast, traditionally, Chinese tend to point out people’s shortcomings (including their own) to give criticism, believing in that bitter pills have a wholesome effect and will eventually bring sweetness in people’s life. 
(In contrast, we tend to point out shortcomings (including our own,) believing in that bitter pills have a wholesome effect and will eventually bring sweeetness.)

Guard against arrogance, they would say, so we can always stay humble and strive to improve ourselves. 
("Guard against arrogance and stay humble," we would say, so we will focus on making improvement. )

Both approaches are with good intentions.  The people at the other end who hear those comments, either positive or negative, may feel quite differently. 
(Both approaches are well-intentioned, but the receivers of the comments may benefit quite differently.)

隻看了譯文,感覺缺點如下:
1. “people”這詞出現太多,有點羅嗦;
2. 表述主體和受眾對象移動不定;Chinese是we還是they
3. Both approaches are with good intentions. The people at the other end who hear those comments, either positive or negative, may feel quite differently. 這兩句之間銜接不好,下文也不是feeling,所以“may feel quite differently"不確切。
4. 縮寫和標點也有些不當。

所有跟帖: 

太感動了。這多少字之師了都:)。 -林卡- 給 林卡 發送悄悄話 林卡 的博客首頁 (428 bytes) () 05/03/2013 postreply 14:01:18

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”