I am not offended, nor am I angry.

來源: hammerheadshark 2012-09-23 15:09:35 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4234 bytes)

Your points are taken and I got to express mine.

I really don't see any benefits of your way of reinforcing "the". On the contrary, it only shows you are still quite confused on the usage of "the". As you have mentioned "native speaker", I edit their writings from time to time. Trust me, none of them as sure as you are on putting in "the" in their writings. I don’t know what you are trying to prove here.

J 隻能說,我看錯人了Does that mean I have to accept your way? You don’t need to apologize, as I am not offended and would rather confine our disputes within academic boundaries. I have always welcomed your “bricks”. As I said, any discussion was welcome, since it would benefit everybody here, but I may or may not accept your points.

If there is only one “correct” way of English writing, there would not be so many disputes on grammar, which is still annoyingly changing with the introduction of the online writing. Each influential newspaper has its own grammar book, limiting writers and editors’ style to keep consistency and political correctness.  If this proof of the existence of writing style is still not convincing enough, then, I would like to know if the “standard” you are upholding here exists at all.

In the end, my point here is that we follow the general grammatical rules, which are agreed upon universally. Any efforts beyond that should go into grammarians or grammar Nazis’ arena.  

所有跟帖: 

what I meant by "看錯人了” was -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (2088 bytes) () 09/23/2012 postreply 16:03:20

Tell that native speaker -hammerheadshark- 給 hammerheadshark 發送悄悄話 (2448 bytes) () 09/23/2012 postreply 16:52:38

let's talk about this offline or discuss it in the future. -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (718 bytes) () 09/23/2012 postreply 17:36:42

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”