Tell that native speaker

來源: hammerheadshark 2012-09-23 16:52:38 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2448 bytes)
回答: what I meant by "看錯人了” was非文學青年2012-09-23 16:03:20

1. There is no significance in adding a "the" there. If there is, tell me then what you have gained or how that makes you more grammatically correct.

2. Don't change anything inside quotation marks in editing, as it might not be from the writer himself.

You said you were not sure, in fact, you are very sure there should be a "the". Otherwise, what are we arguing here?

The Chinese example you gave is a general grammatical rule. But, even in Chinese, there are many disputes. I would not go into that area. There is only one criterion for me: what is significance in doing that?

I never doubt your intention. What I found is almost all Chinese are quite obsessed with English grammar, as "I" was in my joke. But, Wenqing,you got take it to the next stage, focusing on ideas, way of thinking, logic etc in your writing. Don't think yourself as an ESL. I am not saying grammar is not important, but beyond certain point, it is quite meaningless. As in the case of "the", if there is no significance, leave it out, because it is a distraction from your main idea.

A good writing strikes a chord in you and makes you think. What makes The Great Gat*****y so great? Certainly not grammar. Who is going to be the judge of grammar? And how far do you want to take it? Don't shut up, please, keep it going.

所有跟帖: 

let's talk about this offline or discuss it in the future. -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (718 bytes) () 09/23/2012 postreply 17:36:42

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”