Much better, but aren't you missing something?

來源: hammerheadshark 2012-09-09 08:25:38 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3074 bytes)
回答: thank you Shark! Here is my understandingsportwoman2012-09-09 08:08:05

Most of the confidences were unsought—frequently I have feigned sleep, preoccupation, or a hostile levity when I realized by some unmistakable sign that an intimate revelation was quivering on the horizon—for the intimate revelations of young men or at least the terms in which they express them are usually plagiaristic and marred by obvious suppressions.

有很多秘密,我都是得來全不費工夫。但經常的情形是,我假裝睡著或專注於某事或漫不經意的時候,他們那些貌似平白無誤呼之欲出的隱私秘密又會變得猶抱琵琶半遮臉,羞於啟齒了

" --- for the intimate revelations of young men or at least the terms in which they express them are usually plagiaristic and marred by obvious suppressions. "

Let me break it down for you, so your translation will contain following meaning:

1, The intimate revelations of young men are usually plagiaristic;

2, (If their intentions are true, then) at least the terms in which they express them are usually plagiaristic;

3, (Not only the terms they are using are plagiaristic, but they are) marred by obvious suppressions.

You may have to use more words to express all these in Chinese.

所有跟帖: 

再來一遍 -sportwoman- 給 sportwoman 發送悄悄話 sportwoman 的博客首頁 (972 bytes) () 09/09/2012 postreply 08:53:15

佩服鯊魚兄!你比我朋友解釋的更好更具體,但我太愚笨,英語太難實在理解不了。所以準備睡午覺了。 -sportwoman- 給 sportwoman 發送悄悄話 sportwoman 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/09/2012 postreply 09:27:18

No, you are doing great! See you next Sunday. -hammerheadshark- 給 hammerheadshark 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/09/2012 postreply 09:36:21

鯊魚的解釋和你們的討論非常好,我學到很多。謝謝你倆! -北京二號- 給 北京二號 發送悄悄話 北京二號 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/09/2012 postreply 11:02:49

能跟二姐鯊魚聚大俠等各位牛人學習偶感覺三生有幸! -sportwoman- 給 sportwoman 發送悄悄話 sportwoman 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/09/2012 postreply 11:21:37

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”