There is no need to apologize

來源: hammerheadshark 2012-05-21 22:14:31 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3164 bytes)

I don’t feel being offended at all.  Anything of which you are not sure, don’t understand or have better ideas, please post it.  Sometimes you are right, sometimes I am right.  I don’t have a big ego.  But you do need to convince me each time you think you have better choice of words, ideas of story flow etc.

The other day, I was pretty blunt myself on commenting on your writing, or even being rude, should we say. But I know you and believe you won’t take it personallyJ.  You don’t need to agree with me all the time and how much you can benefit from my writing is completely your call.  I really don’t have much time staying online, and have to write this story by bits. 

I know I owe you an explanation.  Here is my reason that you should get rid of slang in your writing: slang is not cool.  They are created by people who don’t have a vocabulary that is large enough to deliver an expression.  That is why they are considered to be frequently used by less educated people.  Besides, because of the said reason, slang is very local – shared among certain groups of people.  If your writing is riddled with slang, you will slow down your readers by distracting them, because not all of them know what you mean and they have to pause to think unnecessarily.  In that particular writing of yours, I like your Chinese version so much that, to my great dismay, the English version was too casual – I felt I was forced to look at a graffiti after appreciating a piece of art.  Using them with great discretion and when you have a good reason to do so. 

所有跟帖: 

Are you hinting that I am still holding on to that grudge? -sportwoman- 給 sportwoman 發送悄悄話 sportwoman 的博客首頁 (1461 bytes) () 05/22/2012 postreply 04:50:00

I dare say your writing is the best in this forum so far -sportwoman- 給 sportwoman 發送悄悄話 sportwoman 的博客首頁 (533 bytes) () 05/22/2012 postreply 05:10:05

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”