魚與熊掌?

來源: askerfor 2011-11-22 19:29:19 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4568 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ askerfor ] 在 2011-11-23 06:01:12 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

魚與熊掌?

Have you guys ever experienced the exclusion of oral and written English? This topic may not be a general one, since some lucky people may never think the exclusion is a reality. They simply believe these two expression skills work perfect anytime without repulsion.

I am not belonging to the lucky persons mentioned above. To some degree, I am always in a dilemma of having to make an option. It seems that these two skills have never been working in the same team serving me.

To make my point more clear, I need to give you an example. From time to time, I am requested to write varieties of reports. At the beginning, I always have a bad time period, in which it is difficult to express ideas in formal written English. So in most cases, I need to write them down first in something closer to oral English, and then make additional effort to change the manuscript into a standard one. I can certainly feel throughout the writing the transition from oral to written English, but usually the transition proceeds slow and it takes several days to be out of that awkward process. Similarly, after getting used to the formal English, for around one week I will be having difficulty switching back to using the simple and efficient oral language. It is like the matter of picking one, either in fish or bear palm.

Over the past years I have been a passive traveller riding on the cycle of such transitions. I am curious if I am the only one who has such a particular pleasure to enjoy in the language-learning.

You may have found I am still in the process of the transition as I write these passages. I feel most comfortable by staying at a point in the between. Being 100% pure in each of the expression styles has always been a dream to be made come true.

所有跟帖: 

謝撰文探討寫作風格。歡迎你來美語論壇,並祝感恩節快樂。 -祤湫霖- 給 祤湫霖 發送悄悄話 祤湫霖 的博客首頁 (1029 bytes) () 11/23/2011 postreply 07:02:47

I like your writing. 我沒有你這麽高的水平。我自己 -路過這兒- 給 路過這兒 發送悄悄話 (652 bytes) () 11/23/2011 postreply 09:01:25

lol,經典。 -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 11/23/2011 postreply 09:55:26

Thank you for the thoughts you shared -同學小薇- 給 同學小薇 發送悄悄話 同學小薇 的博客首頁 (431 bytes) () 11/23/2011 postreply 09:28:18

Thanks for the nice greeting! And all the comments following -askerfor- 給 askerfor 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 11/24/2011 postreply 12:27:19

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”