my translation 選擇職業

來源: newton123 2011-08-29 11:42:17 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2526 bytes)
回答: 【翻譯聽寫】練習之十五 -- 選擇職業EnLearner2011-08-28 20:02:08

Dear Sir:

I feel deep sorry I could not reply you earlier due to busy scheduale.

In my view, a person’s primary responsibility is to support himself thus to exempt others from the burden of his living cost. Besides, it is a very essential education learning to go seriously and cautiously in a occupation of practical value in society, and its effects will reflect on other causes. It is estimable that you can perform well in those jobs you are not interested in while you have your preference. It would have avoided an astonishing waste of time if I had been accustomed to such habit when I was young.

Any achievement in science requires unusual talent, hardworking and energy. If you have these merits, beside your daily business, you will have spare time to find a place for yourself in science society. If you don’t, you’d better focus on your current cause. Nothing is less desirable than being there just to make a number in the arts and science community, like what is said in a Scottland proverb “Trying to make a spoon spoils the horn”. One perhaps will be a useful and valuable member of the community in other occupation.

I deem this letter be read by your father please.

Your sincere

T. H. Huxley

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”