翻譯作業

來源: 同學小薇 2011-08-15 20:20:33 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (5551 bytes)

The rise of modern science may be traced back to the era of Roger Bacon. Bacon, born in 1214, died in 1292, was an outstanding monk and philosopher at Oxford. He had many remarkable discoveries and may be the first during medieval times to propose to studay science through observing and experiemnting on what surround us. However, three hundred years later, the great figures who lived in Italy, France, Germany and Britain made people gradually realized that many truth can be found through proper observing, and Galileo (1564-1642) was the greatest amongst them. Prior to Galileo, scholars had believed that a larger object fell to the ground faster than a smaller one, as said by Aristotle. However, Galileo proved to the observers that Aristotle’s theory was wrong by showing two objects with different volumes reaching the ground the same time from the top of Leaning Tower of Pisa. It is Galileo’s believe – proving a theory or judgment through experiments in the nature, that leads to all the great discoveries of modern science.

所有跟帖: 

小磚,nature前麵不加the -i999- 給 i999 發送悄悄話 i999 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/15/2011 postreply 22:44:25

Good translation. A tiny brick. -EnLearner- 給 EnLearner 發送悄悄話 EnLearner 的博客首頁 (256 bytes) () 08/17/2011 postreply 21:42:35

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”