【翻譯寫作】練習之五原文+匯總,歡迎大家探討

來源: 非文學青年 2011-06-24 09:29:25 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (62730 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 非文學青年 ] 在 2011-06-26 05:07:20 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

一個早上要接受這麽多壞消息真夠人受的。但是我知道比爾和我必須繼續我們每天的生活。西翼的工作人員不知所措地走來走去,小聲地對著手機嘀咕,關起門來竊 竊私語。向白宮的工作人員保證我們會處理這次危機,並準備像以前那樣反擊,這很重要。我知道所有人都會以我為榜樣去做。對我和周圍的人來說最有利的做法就 是穩步前進。我本來可以花更多時間為我的第一次露麵作準備,但不行。那天下午,按照計劃我要去古徹學院發表一次有關民權的演講,這是應我們的老朋友泰勒. 布蘭奇的邀請。因為我不想讓學院或者泰勒——他的妻子就為我工作——失望,我趕到聯合車站,搭上了去巴爾的摩的火車

原文:

This was a lot of bad news to absorb in one morning. But I knew that both Bill and I

had to carry on with our daily routines. Aides in the West Wing were walking around in a

daze, muttering into their cell phones and whispering behind closed doors. It was important to reassure the White House staff that we would deal with this crisis and be prepared to fight back, just as we had in the past. I knew that everyone would be looking to me for their cues. The best thing I could do for myself and those around me was to forge ahead. I could have used more time to prepare for my first public appearance, but that was not to be. That afternoon, I was scheduled to give a speech on civil rights to a large gathering at Goucher College at the invitation of our old friend Taylor Branch, author of a Pulitzer Prize-winning book on Martin Luther King, Parting the Waters. Since I was not about to let down the college or Taylor, whose wife, Christy Macy, worked for me, I headed to Union Station and caught a train to Baltimore.

(note: 灰的highlighted地方是我找得那個節選中文譯文裏沒有的)

這次翻譯分歧比較多,俺想說兩句俺對咱們這個寫作翻譯的一點philosophy

I couldn’t care less about the translation of 名詞和專有名詞。我看大家的翻譯的時候想看的是句法和結構----句子的骨架,給大家評論的時候想盡量(tell you something you didn’t notice or something you couldn’t find out from the original text, or something that you can’t figure out by looking at the original. 你能從字典查到,或者google到的東東,我不想underestimate you,告訴你民權是civil rights,聯合車站是union station,因為你一看譯文就知道了,我告訴你不太condescending嗎? 而且我們翻譯的目的不是翻譯,在現實生活中,我們已經在美國,比方你跟大家說那天下午有個客座教授應你的邀請來你的學校演講,你就可以說:That afternoon, Prof was scheduled to give a speech on ­­­xx(你熟悉的一個不是要從中文譯成英文的topic to a large gathering at 你學校 at my invitation. 就象900句一樣,這是basic pattern,我個人覺得大家是應該來學習這個的,不是來學習專有名詞詞匯的。

Chinglish的主要表現也不是因為你名詞用詞,主要是結構或對動詞的理解受中文影響。

比如tern2(不是要put you on the spottern2美眉,是因為這個太典型)裏那個 I slept very early last night. 我在那個帖子裏提到了,怕大家沒看到:sleep是個持續性的動作,而時間用的是昨天晚上very early是一個時間點: at an early time/moment of last night. 所以就不行了,時間點要和瞬間性動作一起,所以用went to bed或者went to sleep, 從醒著到睡著的瞬間性動作。這個為啥是Chinglish呢?因為中文裏睡覺不區分“go to bed”(瞬間動作)和“sleep”(延續性動作)。這個Native speaker也可能隻會告訴你I sleep very early last night不是good English,但是他不理解你為啥會這樣說。隻有上過一點語言學課和Second Language Acquisition肥教授我知道,哢哢。這個很象是糾語法,不需要知道,但是我是想教給大家怎麽當內行看門道,不是當外行看熱鬧,被人幾句話就唬住了。3151mmDCH修改得時候說這個slept用得不對,這就是英語語感好,功底紮實,我搭眼一看就看得出來(這樣說挺arrogant的哈,但是這樣能唬人哈)。另外推薦大家查這個我最近發現的句典, 多查一查就知道一個詞常用不常用,在什麽語境用了。

http://www.jukuu.com/search.php?q=aimlessly

磚模:愚公,先給你塊糖:看得出愚公功底很紮實。再來磚頭:

It was a terrible mornig to receive a lot of bad news.(乍一看我想這句翻得比我好,用了a lot of,但是第二眼看不行了,it 指代“to receive a lot of bad news”吧?你把它代回去,成了:To receive a lot of bad news was a terrible morning!  But I knew Bill and I had to keep our daily life going.  Not knowing what to do, the staffs at the West Wing were idlingidle做動詞我覺得好像不太常見), or whisperring to their cell phone, or chatting behind doors.  It was very important to ensure(跟我用得一樣,不對,ensure後麵加名詞或that從句: http://www.learnersdictionary.com/search/ensure

意思是確保,), the staffs at (the, 怎麽每周聽Meet the Press還犯這個錯誤?該抽!)white house that we would deal with the crisis and prepare to fight back as before.  I knew that everyone would follow me.  The best way in the our favor was to move forward steadily.  I wished I could spend more time  in (on or nothing) preparing my first exposure(不恰當,感覺Hilary要當暴露狂,哢哢。想想詞根expose).  In the afternoon, I had to give a presentation about civil rights at 古徹 Institute, which was reqeusted by our old friend, Tylor.  I rushed to the Station Union(這個愚公受法語影響比較深?哈哈) and took a train to Baltimore for I did not want to dispoint the institue or Tylor.(這個放到後麵壞處是和上一句銜接不好了)

關於Institute,我和愚公一樣,在不知道這個學校的情況下,學院翻成institute更接近。有人說institute是美國專科學校的統稱,我澄清一下:想想MITI就該明白了。

Newvoice

It was too much for me to hear so many bad news that morning. But I knew that Bill and I must go on with our daily life. The employees in the West Wing was going back and forth purposelessly(這個感覺不如aimlessly常用), whispering on their cell phones, and murmuring behind the doors. We promised the employees at the White House that we would deal with the crisis and fought  back as we had done before, it was very important(run-on sentence here, either change , to ; or . or “it” to “which”). I knew that I would set an example for other people. The most effective approach for us was to move forward steadily. I might have spent more time to prepare(preparing, or on preparing) for my first appearance, but I could not. I wanted to go to Gucher College to make a speech on human rights issue that afternoon according to our plan, and I was invited by my old friend - Taylor Blanche. Since I did not want to disappoint the college, Taylor and his wife(這個中文給看錯了), I rushed to the United Station and boarded the train to Baltimore. 新聲音太謙虛,你翻得非常好。

學英語3151

It was difficult to get so many bad news in just one morning. However I knew that life had to go on for Bill and I. The staff in the west wing wandered around aimlessly(同詞兄, 被人批評,但是我覺得用得很好,看這個: http://www.jukuu.com/search.php?q=aimlessly,問了native speaker也說沒問題)

, whispered carefully to the cell phones or grumbled behind the closed doors. It was critical to assure the white house staff that we were able to handle the crisis and prepared to fight back as before and I knew everyone would follow my example. To me as well as the people around me, the best way to handle this was to make progress steadily. Even though I should have (需要個動詞heremore time to prepare for my first public appearance after the crisis, I could not do that because as planned, I had to go to 古徹 college to make a speech about human rights which was invited by Taylor, our old friend, and I did not want to disappoint古徹 college or Taylor (whose wife worked for me)(這一句太長,包含內容太多). So I got to the train station and on the train to Baltimore(我覺得你是想省略got,因為前麵有,但是感覺不行).

Cutestream

It was really bitter that so many bad news came out in one morning. But I knew Bill and I had to keep our life going. Workers in XIYI were walking around in bewilderment, whispering on their cell phones, and talking in secret with their offices’ door shut. We promised to people in the White House that we would handle this crisis well, and were preparing to fight back like before, which was important. I knew all of them would do things as I did. For me and people around, the advantageous way was to steer a steady course(這個用得好). I should have had spent more time for my first-time showing up, but I had not(這個had not有點怪,沒表達出來不能的意思). Invited by our old friend Taylor, I was going to give a talk about people’s right that afternoon in the college of GUCHE as planned.  For I did not want to disappoint the college and Taylor- whose wife was working(這個沒必要用進行時) for me, I went to the Union train Station, and took the train to Baltimore,

Toast2011:

It was not easy to receive so many bad news in one morning. But I knew bill and I must continue our daily life as usual. Staff in the west wing, either walked back and forth nervously, whispered through the cell phone or talked to people having with their office door closed.  We promised our colleagues in White House that we would handle this crisis and would response back like we did before. This is very important. I know all people would act as I do(時態沒注意好). The most beneficial way for me and people around was to make steady progress. Actually, I could have spent more time to be getready for my first show up to the public after this, but I cannot(時態). At our old friend Taylor Blancher’s invitation, I had planned to go Goucher College to have givea presentation about civil right that afternoon. Because I did not want to disappoint either the college or Mr. Taylor whose wife works for me, I arrived at union station and got on a train to Baltimore.

非文學青年:

To receive so many pieces of bad news within one morning was more than I could handle. But I knew Bill and I must continue our everyday life. The West Wing staff members were wandering aimlessly, whispering on the phone, or talking behind closed doors. It was of great importance to ensure the White House staff that we would deal this crisis and plan on fighting back like before. I knew all of them would follow my lead.  For me and those around me, the solution to our best advantage is to make steady progress. I could have spent some more time preparing my first public appearance, but I couldn’t. That afternoon, I was scheduled to give a speech on civil rights at Gouche? Institute, at our old friend Tyler Blanche’s invitation. As I didn’t want to disappoint the institute or Tyler, whose wife worked for me, I rushed to the Union Station and boarded on the train to Baltimore.

newton123

It was unbearable to get so much bad news in one single morning. But I knew Bill and I had to go through our daily life. The staff members in the west wing seemed at a loss, walking back and forth, or talking to the cell phones in a subdued voice, or whispering to one another in the office with door being closely shut. It became vital to assure the staff in the White House that we were able to handle the crisis and prepared for a counter attack. I was aware that all would follow my footprint. The best policy for me and my people was to make steady progress. I should have spent more time for my first show, but it turned out completely impossible. According to my schedule, that afternoon I should give a speech about citizenship in Goutier College, a response of an invitation from our old friend Taylor Branch. For I had no intention to disappoint the college or Taylor himself—his wife was working for me then, I rushed to the Union Station, catching the train to Baltimore.  

金迷

To take this many bad news in one morning is really tough, but Bill and I know, we have to continue our daily life. HIGIE's employee either wondering around, talking to cells phone under breath, or chatting behind a door. It is import for us, to assure White House we will deal with this crisis, just as always, we will fight back. To me and people arround me, the best thing we can do is moving forward steadily, and I know all other will mode me. I wish I could spend more time on my first showup, but I can't. According to my schedule, this afternoon I will be giving a speech about civil liberties in GUCHE college; I invited by my old friend, Taylor Branchie. I don't want to disappoint the college or Taylor -- his wife works for me, I rushed to UNION station, and took the train to Barldemore.

美風

It was hard to accept so many bad news for a whole morning. But I knew that Bill and I had to keep our daily life going. The personnel in West Wing had to walk back and forth whithout knowing what to do, or whispered over cell phones, or gossipped indoors. To guarantee the White House personnel that we would deal with the crisis, and we were ready to fight back as usual, it was very important. I knew that everybody would going to do in my way. To me and the people around us, the best way was to go ahead steadily. I would had been spending more time to prepare for my first appearance, but it was not feasible. That afternoon, I had to go to Gucher college for a speech on Civil Right. It was for my old friend Taylor Blanch's invitation. But I would not like the college or Taylor-his wife had been working for me--to be disappointed, I hurried to the Union Station, and hitchhiked the train to Baltimore.

白不八廣播電台_

So much bad news in one morning was very hard to swallow, but I knew, for Bill and me,life must go on. The staff from the West Wing were all pacing back and forth, calling on their cell phones constantly, or talking behind the doors with lowered voices. It was critical to reassure the White House that we take care of this crisis, and we fight back like we had done in the past. I knew everyone would take me as a role model. The best thing to do for me or anybody was to take our time. I should have prepared more for our debut, but I couldn't. In the afternoon I went to give a talk at Goucher College on civil rights, invited by my old friend Taylor Blanchet.  Because I didn't want to disappoint Goucher College, or Taylor -- whose wife worked for me, I rushed to the Union Station and jumped on a train to Baldimore.

cloudhk

It was really hard to take so much bad news in one morning. However,  I knew Bill and I have to carry on our routine life. Staffs of the west wing unintentionally walked here and there, muttering to cell phones, whispering behind doors. It is quite important to promise for staffs in White House  that we can handle this crisis and respond it just like before. I know everyone would treat me as a model. The best way for me and people around me is moving on.  I was supposed to spend more time on my first public appearance, which seems not realistic any more. That day I was supposed to make a speech about civil rights in Gucci College, which was asked by our old friends, Taylor Bronchi. Since I did not plan to disappoint the faculty and Taylor, his wife working for me, I went to the United Station and took a train to Baltimore.

所有跟帖: 

時間匆忙,我就隻批到交作業在我之前的,和磚模愚公的,希望大家見諒。 -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (29 bytes) () 06/24/2011 postreply 09:31:49

磚模這個模式有重點的講解真好!文青辛苦了! -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 (138 bytes) () 06/24/2011 postreply 09:51:08

下周翻譯寫作休息一周吧,消化消化?我也真得弄900句作業了。 -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/24/2011 postreply 09:54:56

沒問題! Do whatever you like! -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/24/2011 postreply 09:57:03

謝青兒既專業又風趣的講析,學習了。 -紫君- 給 紫君 發送悄悄話 紫君 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/24/2011 postreply 10:17:35

any time, 紫兒! -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/24/2011 postreply 10:26:23

謝謝,非常有收獲。還有很多感想 (以後再分享)。希望你的翻譯課隻停一周。 -NewVoice- 給 NewVoice 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/24/2011 postreply 10:48:51

文青, 謝謝... 收獲大大地 -學英語3151- 給 學英語3151 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/24/2011 postreply 11:03:19

謝謝總結。我接著文青的加點兒。大家一起評著玩。 -cutestream- 給 cutestream 發送悄悄話 cutestream 的博客首頁 (14441 bytes) () 06/24/2011 postreply 11:11:54

點評的真好。學習了! -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/24/2011 postreply 11:18:55

謝謝文青。學習了。 -toast2011- 給 toast2011 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/24/2011 postreply 12:07:04

非常感謝菲教授,收益匪淺! -EnLearner- 給 EnLearner 發送悄悄話 EnLearner 的博客首頁 (4121 bytes) () 06/24/2011 postreply 20:13:09

Corrected typos etc. -EnLearner- 給 EnLearner 發送悄悄話 EnLearner 的博客首頁 (581 bytes) () 06/24/2011 postreply 21:25:40

愚公學習真認真啊!exposure那個磚看來我砸錯了。 -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/24/2011 postreply 22:32:26

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”