我的作業。 Living history(2)【翻譯寫作】練習之五

來源: beautifulwind 2011-06-20 22:07:59 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1885 bytes)

It was hard to accept so many bad news for a whole morning. But I knew that Bill and I had to keep our daily life going. The personnel in West Wing had to walk back and forth whithout knowing what to do, or whispered over cell phones, or gossipped indoors. To guarantee the White House personnel that we would deal with the crisis, and we were ready to fight back as usual, it was very important. I knew that everybody would going to do in my way. To me and the people around us, the best way was to go ahead steadily. I would had been spending more time to prepare for my first appearance, but it was not feasible. That afternoon, I had to go to Gucher college for a speech on Civil Right. It was for my old friend Taylor Blanch's invitation. But I would not like the college or Taylor-his wife had been working for me--to be disappointed, I hurried to the Union Station, and hitchhiked the train to Baltimore.

一個早上要接受這麽多壞消息真夠人受的。但是我知道比爾和我必須繼續我們每天的生活。西翼的工作人員不知所措地走來走去,小聲地對著手機嘀咕,關起門來竊 竊私語。向白宮的工作人員保證我們會處理這次危機,並準備像以前那樣反擊,這很重要。我知道所有人都會以我為榜樣去做。對我和周圍的人來說最有利的做法就 是穩步前進。我本來可以花更多時間為我的第一次露麵作準備,但不行。那天下午,按照計劃我要去古徹學院發表一次有關民權的演講,這是應我們的老朋友泰勒. 布蘭奇的邀請。因為我不想讓學院或者泰勒——他的妻子就為我工作——失望,我趕到聯合車站,搭上了去巴爾的摩的火車。

所有跟帖: 

如果我在中國做英文老師,我給你99分。BUT...... -DrunkerKickass- 給 DrunkerKickass 發送悄悄話 (180 bytes) () 06/20/2011 postreply 22:43:28

Thanks drunker! -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 (202 bytes) () 06/20/2011 postreply 22:58:58

Hi Drunker,你水平這麽高,有時間能幫俺聽聽第十課嗎(Travelling)嗎? -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 (83 bytes) () 06/20/2011 postreply 23:07:28

我已經回覆你了,並錄了音。請看並回覆。 -DrunkerKickass- 給 DrunkerKickass 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/20/2011 postreply 23:50:08

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”