想學習的同學們看進來:翻譯練習的匯總貼

本文內容已被 [ 非文學青年 ] 在 2011-05-17 10:06:11 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

其中奧妙自己體會吧。

當我丈夫告訴我這些指控都不真實的時候我相信他,但是我意識到,當我覺得麻煩已經過去的時候,我們可能麵臨著又一次恐怖的調查。我也知道這件事的政治風險 是切實存在的。一件討厭的民事訴訟案曾被斯塔爾變成一起刑事調查,無疑他會盡其所能調查這個案件。瓊斯陣營和獨立檢察官辦公室透露給媒體的內容表明,比爾 的證詞可能與其他證人對他和萊溫斯基關係的描述有矛眉之處。瓊斯案中的證詞似乎是專門為了讓總統落入作偽證的陷阱之中,因為這就可以合情合理地讓他辭職或 者遭彈劾。

學英語3151:

I believed my hu*****and when he told me all these allegations are false. However, when I thought we were out of the trouble, I realized we probably would face another round of horrible(for lack of better word) investigations. A civil case was turned into a criminal investigation by Starr(?), so undoubtedly he would go after it relentlessly. The news from Jones and Independent Counsel office showed that there might be conflicts between Bill and other witness' testimonies on the relationship between him and Lewinsky(?). The one from Jones seemed only for the purpose of proving Bill's testimonies are false so he can be told to resign or be impeached.

非文學青年:

When my hu*****and told me that those accusations were untrue, I believed him. In the meanwhile, I realized, when I assumed the troubles had gone away, we might be facing another terrible investigation. I was also aware of the very existence of its political risks. Star, who once turned a civil appeal case into a criminal investigation, would undoubtedly probe into this case as deeply as he can. From what Jones’ group and the independent judges’ office indicated to the media, Bill’s testimony might contradict what other witnesses had depicted about his relationship with Lewinsky. Jones’ testimony seemed to be a trap for the president to give false statement, which could lead naturally to his resignation or impeachment.

jennea:

I believed my hu*****and when he told me that all the accusations were not true. However, I realized that when I thought the trouble were over, we might face another horrible investigation. I also knew that the political risk of this incidence was very real. Turning an annoying civil case into a criminal investigation, of course Stale would do everything he could to investigate this case. The leaked content from Jones dept. and the Independent Investigation Office indicated that Bill's testimony about his relationship with Lewski might contradict with other witnesses'. The disposition in Jones' case seemed to be specically designed to lure the President into a trap of perjury, so that he could be forced to resign or be impeached with a reasonable cause.

美風:

When my hu*****and told me that all of these charges were not true, I trusted him, but I realized that we might face another terrible investigation when I felt the trouble had already gone. I also knew that the political risks were existed. As an annoying civil case was converted into criminal action by Starr, undoubtfully he would try his best to investigate this case . The contents that Jones and the office of independent counsel revealed to media showed that there might be controversy between Bill's and the witnesses' testimony on the relationship between Bill and Lewinsky. The testimony in Jones case seemed specifically making the president land in the predicament of perjury. In this way, they would be able to let him resign or impeach him reasonably.

希拉裏原文:

I believed my hu*****and when he told me there was no truth to the charges, but I realized that we faced the prospect of another horrible and invasive investigation just at the point when I thought our legal troubles were over. I knew, too, that the political danger was real. A nuisance civil action had metastasized into a criminal investigation by Starr,
who would undoubtedly take it as far as he could. Leaks to the media from the Jones camp and the Office of the Independent Counsel implied that Bill’s testimony in his sworn deposition may have conflicted with other witness descriptions of his relationship with Lewinsky. It appeared that the questions in the Jones deposition were designed
solely to trap the President into charges of perjury, which might then justify a demand for his resignation or impeachment.

所有跟帖: 

謝謝非文學青年把大家的翻譯練習匯總,謝謝大家的參與和支持。 -美語世界- 給 美語世界 發送悄悄話 美語世界 的博客首頁 (1224 bytes) () 05/17/2011 postreply 10:17:48

words and phrases I learned in this translation homework: 回複:想學習 -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 (9249 bytes) () 05/17/2011 postreply 10:19:49

可愛又謙虛的美風,這些詞和短語你好多都會了呀。 -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (63 bytes) () 05/17/2011 postreply 10:23:51

Yes, pro! -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 05/17/2011 postreply 10:30:09

En, 各有千秋 -學英語3151- 給 學英語3151 發送悄悄話 (85 bytes) () 05/17/2011 postreply 14:22:49

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!