流行美語:hop on the bandwagon趕時髦(音頻文字)

來源: 紫君 2011-03-22 13:54:59 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4442 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 紫君 ] 在 2011-04-23 02:21:46 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

流行美語:ive under a rock 與世隔絕 & hop on the bandwagon 趕時髦 (音頻文字) ZT

李華的生日到了,Larry要給她個驚喜大禮。他們會用到兩個常用語: live under a rock和jump on the bandwagon。

LH: Larry, 你說要給我生日大禮,是什麽啊?

Larry: Keep your eyes closed! Are you peeking? OK, hold out your hand!

LH: 還要閉眼! 到底是什麽啊?

Larry: Alright, you can open your eyes!

LH: (Gasp) 演唱會票! 你買了我特別想去的演唱會的票?!

Larry: That's right. (speaking with pride in his voice) You and I will be going to see -

LH: 不對! Larry, 這不是我想去的演唱會! 這是Lady Gaga的......誰是Lady Gaga啊?

Larry: What? You don't know Lady Gaga? She's the most famous pop singer in the world! Have you been living under a rock?

LH: 什麽?你說我live under a rock...住在石頭下麵?

Larry: Ha..ha... What I'm saying is, everyone knows about Lady Gaga - she's in the news ALL the time, and her music is everywhere. If you haven't heard of her, well, you have no exposure to the world around you, like you're living under a rock!

LH: 哦,live under a rock就是與世隔絕的意思。不知道誰是Lady Gaga就是與世隔絕嘛?她有什麽了不起。

Larry: But Lihua, I overheard you talking on the phone to your friend a few days ago, you said you wanted to go to that "really big" concert next week. If you weren't talking about the Lady Gaga concert, what concert were you talking about??

LH: Larry! 我看你才live under a rock! 周傑倫下禮拜要在大紐約開演唱會!

Larry: Who?

LH: 周傑倫! 他要來開演唱的會消息已經街知巷聞了,If you didn't know that, you must be living under a rock!

Larry: OK, Lihua. We've both been living under rocks. Look, I'm sure this singer is great, but think about all the fun we will have at the Lady Gaga concert!

LH: 可我不認識Lady Gaga呀!

Larry: Well, this would be the perfect time for you to get out from under your rock, and hop on the Lady Gaga bandwagon!

LH: A bandwagon? 那不是大花車麽?你讓我跳上Lady Gaga的大花車?

Larry: Haha, No, Lihua, a bandwagon isn't a real wagon. Hopping on a bandwagon means you are joining a large amount of other people who all like something or are doing something. What I mean is, you should start listening to Lady Gaga, or in other words, hop on her bandwagon.

LH: 原來,hop on the bandwagon就是隨大流,趕時髦。你是說讓我和大家一樣成為Lady Gaga的粉絲?好吧。反正去不了周董的演唱會。 我就去見識一下這個Lady Gaga。

Larry: I'm glad I can finally help lure you out from under your rock! Here, I have my mp3 player here with me. Have a listen.

LH: 好,給我聽聽。(停頓)誒?這首歌,好耳熟啊,我聽過好多次,很好聽,誰唱的?

Larry: Lady Gaga!

LH: 哦! 原來就是她啊! 那我知道了! Larry,你知道這意味著什麽嗎?

Larry: What, that you would really, really like to thank me for getting the tickets?

LH: 不對!這說明,I was never living under a rock after all! 我根本就不是與世隔絕! 我聽過Lady Gaga的歌,也很喜歡! 所以,我不用去特意趕時髦,I'm already on her bandwagon!

Larry: Well, that's good news...

LH: 不過Larry, You need to get out from under your rock! 你也不能再與世隔絕了! 你得了解一下中國的流行音樂!

Larry: But how can I do that here in the US?

LH: 周傑倫演唱會是去不成了,不過咱們可以去唱卡拉OK!

Larry: Karaoke ? You mean, I have to sing? In front of other people?? I think I'd rather stay living under my rock.

LH: 不要怕! 叫上我的中國朋友和咱們一起去,大家幫你練!

Larry: Good grief. How do I end up in these situations?

今天李華學了兩個常用語。一個是to live under a rock,表示“與世隔絕”。另一個是 jump on the bandwagon, 意思是“趕時髦”。

Words and Phrases

1. live under a rock 與世隔絕

For example:

If you didn't know Lady Gaga, you must be living under a rock!

2. hop on the bandwagon 隨大流,趕時髦。

For example:

You should start listening to Lady Gaga, or in other words, hop on her bandwagon.

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”