流行美語:in the mood & go with the flow(英語聽力)

來源: 紫君 2009-06-12 09:54:56 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4339 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 紫君 ] 在 2009-06-13 07:16:12 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
流行美語:in the mood & go with the flow(英語聽力)ZT

http://www.freexinwen.com/chinese/soundpa/pa295.asx

Larry跟李華一起去外麵散步。今天我們要學兩個常用語:in the mood和go with the flow.

LL: Hey, Lihua, it's so beautiful outside, the sun is shining and I am so happy it is Saturday because we can go out and enjoy the perfect spring weather.

LH: 是啊,真是鳥語花香。這種天氣去外麵走走簡直是超級享受。

LL: You know, I'm really "in the mood" for taking a long stroll and eating brunch at a cafe with outdoor seating.

LH: 什麽叫"in the mood"? 你怎麽啦,心裏有什麽不高興的事嗎?是不是壓力太大了。在外麵散步是件很愜意的事啊,怎麽會讓你moody心情不好呢?

LL: No, "in the mood" means that I really want to do something, and it can be said in a few different situations.

LH: 所以你剛才說you are in the mood to go for a stroll and eat brunch outside, 意思其實是,你有興致在外麵走走,吃點東西嘍?

LL: Exactly. Are you "in the mood" to go for a walk and eat brunch outside?

LH: 隻要天氣好,我隨時有興致出去走走,I am always in the mood to take a walk outside.

LL: Well, since we're walking to brunch, what kind of food are you "in the mood" for?

LH: I am in the mood for a tasty sandwich with extra cheese, 我現在最想吃一個可口的三明治,裏麵加很多奶酪。

LL: I'm in the mood for a salad and a glass of iced tea.

LH: 那一會你有沒有興致去看場電影呢?Are you in the mood to catch a movie after we eat?

LL: No, Lihua, I'm not in the mood. Today is such a beautiful day, I want to spend time outside soaking up the sun.

LH: 這麽說,如果我要表達自己不想幹某件事情,隻要說not in the mood就可以了?

LL: Yes. You can simply say you're "not in the mood" whenever you want to express that you're not interested in doing something.

LH: 雖然天氣好,可是我還是不願意一整天待在外麵曬太陽。That's bad for your skin, Larry! 對皮膚不好。

LL: Oh, don't worry, I brought some sun screen lotion. If you put this on your skin it will protect you from getting sun burned.

LH: 天氣預報說明天會下雨,will you be in the mood to see a movie then?

LL: Of course, I'm always in the mood to see a movie on a rainy day.

LL: Lihua, don't worry about directions or picking a place to eat brunch, we're walking down to Eastern Market, so we'll find a place to eat when we get there, just go with the flow, ok?

LH: Go with the flow? 你是說我們應該跟著人流走嗎?我們要去的是Eastern Market,這些人可是往相反方向,去城裏上班的!

LL: No, "go with the flow" means to accept things as they happen and participate in the current activity.

LH: 可是Larry, 去哪裏一定要有計劃才行啊!不然會迷路的。

LL: That's the point of the phrase, Lihua. "Go with the flow" means to go in one direction without any prior planning.

LH: 那你剛才說"go with the flow"意思是往Eastern Market的方向走,隨便找個地方吃東西嘍?

LL: That's exactly what I mean. It's spontaneous to "go with the flow." There are so many places to eat brunch in the Eastern Market area, so we can just "go with the flow" and choose a place that looks good when we get there.

LH: "Go with the flow"可不是我的習慣。我去一個沒去過的地方,出發前一定要把路線圖查好,否則絕對不敢出門。

LL: Well, "going with the flow" today will be an exciting experience for you, Lihua.

LH: 你說的有道理,我太依賴互聯網了。如果漫無目的地隨便走走,沒準能找到不少有趣的地方呢!

LL: You know, Lihua, you can also shorten the phrase "go with the flow" by saying "go with it."

LH: 所以說"go with the flow"和"go with it."兩種說法可以通用嘍?

LL: That's right Lihua. If I tell you to "go with the flow" or to "go with it" both sayings mean to be spontaneous and accept things as they happen.

LL: 在中文裏這叫順其自然。好,我肚子開始叫了。Let's go with the flow and eat brunch!

今天李華學了兩個常用語。一個是in the mood, 意思是有心情做某件事。另一個是go with the flow,意思是順其自然。
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”