地道美語:Staycation(1)(音頻文字)

來源: 紫君 2011-06-21 10:03:17 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3559 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 紫君 ] 在 2011-06-23 21:31:18 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
地道美語:Staycation(1)(音頻文字)ZT

很久不見的好友Lisa, Karen和Gina一起吃飯。Lisa先到,注意聽她幫朋友點了些什麽菜。

Lisa: Karen! Gina! So good to see you! Sit down!

Karen: Hi, Lisa!

Gina: Good to see you, too! It's been so long!

L: Indeed it has! I ordered your favorite dish: spaghetti with cherry tomatoes and I got Gina the vegetarian pasta!

G: Excellent!

K: I really do love the spaghetti here.

Lisa最早一個到,已經幫Karen和Gina點好了她們愛吃的菜their favorite dish。 Karen愛吃spaghetti with cherry tomatoes加小西紅柿的意大利麵條;Gina愛吃vegetarian pasta,素的通心粉,vegetarian is spelled v-e-g-e-t-a-r-i-a-n, vegetarian吃素的,素食的。

L: So what's new? Are you planning a vacation this summer?

G: Well...frankly...I'm not sure we have the budget for a vacation this year.

K: Yeah, actually we're thinking about skipping the vacation too.

L: I think money is tight for everyone these days. Last year we went to the Indonesian resort island of Bali for six days!

It was incredible, but we did end up spending over five grand!

K: We went to Mexico last year and stayed at a villa by the beach!

G: Last year we did Alaska...absolutely gorgeous...but pretty pricey as well.

Lisa問大家,夏天計劃去哪裏渡假。Gina說,I'm not sure we have the budget for a vacation this year. 今年恐怕沒錢出去玩了。Karen也說,考慮skip the vacation,渡假就免了。Lisa說,現在大家手頭都緊,money is tight for everyone. 去年她們一家去巴厘島,結果花了五千多美元。 End up doing something,意思是最後,結果做了某事。five grand 就是 five thousand dollars. Karen去年去了墨西哥,Gina去了阿拉斯加,都很貴,pricey, pricey is spelled p-r-i-c-e-y, 是價錢很貴的意思。

L: Well, we have to face reality and adapt to it. There just isn't any extra money lying around these days.

K: You can say that again! I've been penny-pinching all year!

G: Our family has basically stopped eating out. I cook almost every meal and while it takes some extra effort...cooking at home saves us a lot of money!

Lisa說,大家都要麵對現實,適應現實,to face reality and adapt to it. 如今誰都沒有多少閑錢,there isn't any extra money lying around. Karen馬上表示讚同,說她一年來花錢一直特別節省,I've been penny-pinching all year. penny-pinch,意思是一分錢掰成兩半花,節省。Gina也說,她們一家現在基本上不出去吃飯to eat out,是出去吃飯的意思,相反的是cook at home自己在家做,能省不少錢。她們三個人還有什麽省錢的訣竅呢?

Words and Phrases

1. 愛吃的菜
favorite dish

2. spaghetti with cherry tomatoes
加小西紅柿的意大利麵條

3. vegetarian pasta
素的通心粉, vegetarian吃素的,素食的。

4. skip the vacation
渡假就免了

5. 現在大家手頭都緊.
Money is tight for everyone.

6. End up doing something
意思是最後,結果做了某事。

7. five grand
five thousand dollars.

8. 很貴
pricey, 是價錢很貴的意思。

9. 麵對現實,適應現實
to face reality and adapt to it.

10。 如今誰都沒有多少閑錢。
There isn't any extra money lying around.

11. 我一年來花錢一直特別節省。
I've been penny-pinching all year.
penny-pinch,意思是一分錢掰成兩半花,節省。

12。 出去吃飯 to eat out
相反的是cook at home自己在家做。

所有跟帖: 

多謝分享!美語就是這樣,不需要太多美麗的詞匯,通俗易懂就行。 -DrunkerKickass- 給 DrunkerKickass 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/21/2011 postreply 15:55:25

Well-said. Have a nice evening. -紫君- 給 紫君 發送悄悄話 紫君 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/21/2011 postreply 16:44:02

pricey?第一次聽到,查了字典居然也是對的 -金迷- 給 金迷 發送悄悄話 金迷 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/21/2011 postreply 17:22:32

Yeah, it is the right word. -紫君- 給 紫君 發送悄悄話 紫君 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/21/2011 postreply 17:55:28

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”