HELP: accident on CostCo parking lot

來源: pinenut 2005-12-23 23:26:48 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1642 bytes)
This evening (around 7:30PM) I had an accident on the CostCo parking lot in CA. I was about to start my car (my car was not moving) when I heard a big bang. When I came out of my car, I saw a shopping cart full of groceries just hit my rear bumper area, leaving three dents and some groceries spilled on the ground. Somehow a white woman (in her 40-50) and her teenage girl did not hold on their cart and the cart just slided onto my car (the ground is a bit slopy). Judging from the distance between their car and mine, the cart must have traveled about 30 yards.

So I confronted the woman and she agreed to leave her first name and phone number but nothing else (I asked for her insurance but she refused. Later on a cop said that her car was not involved thus her insurance was not relevant).

I just filed a claim with my insurance (Progressive). But I kinda regret it, as I worry that my insurane premium will increase next year. Can anyone tell me what is the best solution to resolve this?

After the cop's suggestion, I would like to withdraw my claim and then try to collect any damage from the woman (her id can be found in her costco membership card and a report was also filed with the Costco liability dept). A last resort will be to go to a small claim court.

So a second question is, even if I can have my claim withdrawn (I already had a claim number assigned to me), will this still in my record and affect my future premium?

If it is still in my record, can I collect my payment from the woman and then file a claim with the company?

Many thanks for you all. Happy holidays!

所有跟帖: 

You can try to collect the $ from the woman -2423- 給 2423 發送悄悄話 (374 bytes) () 12/24/2005 postreply 09:27:37

You should talk to CostCo as well. -煤格- 給 煤格 發送悄悄話 煤格 的博客首頁 (408 bytes) () 12/24/2005 postreply 14:17:35

回複:HELP: accident on CostCo parking lot -10125- 給 10125 發送悄悄話 (1390 bytes) () 12/24/2005 postreply 22:16:30

回複:回複:HELP: accident on CostCo parking lot -8164- 給 8164 發送悄悄話 (1358 bytes) () 12/26/2005 postreply 14:30:40

thank you all for your postings -pinenut- 給 pinenut 發送悄悄話 (420 bytes) () 12/26/2005 postreply 15:08:00

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”