FollowMe 姐之說 - 每個階層有局限性, 限製了想像。 Does economical upward mobility have a social glass ceiling?? 如此深層次的觀點，佩服！!
展開來講：wealth management (理財) 和 investment (投資) 是不同的。 Wealth Management definitely carries the consumption aspect. Why, because consumption helps build your social equity, it elevates your social network/social reach. Social status then increases your influence, and in the long run, they protect or even expand your wealth in generations. 理財和投資的區別，是軟實力和剛需的差別。 It is EQ vs. IQ
我想了一下，spending USD$1.5 - $2.M/annual, 實在不難， assume you are a 1%-er, not 0.01%-er （給男士的建議）:
- Increase your kids (private) school endowment fund donation, get your family name on a plaque = ~$250k
- Buy into a country club, from there, back 1-2 local politicians, attend the senator/congressman campaign dinners à find a way to 讓Marco Rubio 之類的流氓政客少說天朝的壞話！ = ~$100k - $250k
- Start an expensive watch collection – I have always wanted to buy an AP Tourbillion = ~$150k
- Cultivate a high-end wine/whiskey taste – 每年喝掉10- 15瓶 不多吧 = $50k
- Start an art collection, this one can go infinitely expensive but can start small. Focus on one genre = $400k - $1M
- Become a silent partner of a chic restaurant: 80% of the 餐廳會在五年內倒掉， so this is not an investment. But a corner private table whenever you want, is just so sexy!!! = $300k
哇啦, I have just spent $1.5M - $2M+/Year. It is even a modest budget, 還不包括上中產的衣食住行。。。
我們是一群非常homogeneous的人士：我們大部分，是當年千裏挑一， 考試考出到西方來又奮鬥了多年的理科書呆子(don't be angry, I am one of you!)。難怪這麽多人要鑽牛角尖查how you make the $ to qualify for the consumption…
In my other life, we 哀歎 – “阿三幫的隻說不練， 老中派的隻練不說“。勝負已分。。。我很樂觀，EQ要時間去培養。 It takes 3 generations to 培養 a gentleman!! 再給我30年，with some spending, who says among our grandsons there won’t be Satya Nadella, Sundar Pichai and Omar Ishrak !