Unusual Experience 不尋常的經曆

來源: 鬆鼠跪魚 2022-02-04 09:29:08 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (35919 bytes)

It is common knowledge that when a person is 50 years old, he or she should begin routine colonoscopies, every ten years for most people. In my case it was earlier. The first time was in 2011 when I was only 46, the second one in 2016 and today was my third.  I was at a higher risk after a mastectomy on my right side in late 2009. My previous gastroenterologist retired last year so I was refereed to a new one, Dr. G, at the same medical center. 

Out of curiosity I googled Dr. G and found out that he earned his medical degree from Addis Ababa University Medical School in Ethiopia with top honors before some impressive work in the United States. He had many research publications. He also had authored several chapters in books used as references for practicing gastroenterologists and surgeons. I felt I was in good hands.

My memory plays funky tricks to me, or better said, my brain chooses what to remember and what not to. For example, I did not remember at all my second colonoscopy until my initial visit with Dr. G!  He brought a copy of the last colonoscopy report which had no abnormalities. But I had no memory I had it! On the report it was recommended that I should get a procedure done every five years. But Dr. G had a different opinion after interviewing me. He wowed several times after I replied to his exercise question with "yoga two hours every day". He looked young and thin and had a gentle smile on his face. I liked this new doctor. He suggested that I still get this procedure done and if the results were good, he'd push the next appointment out ten years! I liked it that way! 

Then I was guided to a super nice scheduler in her mid-thirties. She had the earliest appointment at the end of October, and I had no problem with that. I knew with Covid ongoing all of the medical centers were packed. Then she told me there was a cancelation this upcoming Friday, asking me if I'd like to take the slot. Of course! I accepted it as I so wanted to get this over with. There were only three days to go. I wouldn't have to worry too long about it. 

Following the exact guidance on a sheet of paper the lady gave me, Thursday morning I started the colonoscopy prep. In my experience the prep is the worst part. But Dr. G promised me that it was easier than it used to be. As a yogi I eat pretty healthy compared to my husband. So I should not have much trouble to cleanse. Opening my eyes at 7:30am I began a clear liquid diet. I chose to drink black coffee mixed with water, as I don't drink sugar loaded fruit juices from grocery stores. I was also allowed clear chicken broth or vegetable broth. But I don't like them. I stayed away from red and purple food dye. 

I managed to keep busy in the morning besides drinking my Kaffeschorle (a mixture of coffee and water). By the way this word was invented by me when joking with Curtis as he knew what Apfelschorle meant in German. By chance I got into a conversation on Facebook and I somehow suspected it wasn't from the person it was supposed to be.  I picked up the phone and called my friend whose account it was. Exactly as guessed, it wasn't her! My friend was an old colleague of mine who was forced to retire early and she had not receive the government money that false person claimed.  Haha! We caught up on each others lives and promised to meet sometime later. I will write an essay about us sometime. Everybody seems so busy right now, especially during this Covid time. That call sufficiently spared me from thinking about food for a good hour.

To kill more time and forget the hunger I had a video chat whining to my son about how famished I was. He helped cheer me up just seeing him. It was the second quarantine day for him. He took a Ring Fit with him and felt sore. We talked about the possibility of doing his third week of quarantine. Perhaps instead of doing it in Sichuan, he could do it in a hotel near his fiancée Ye.  She's a very smart girl taking online classes this semester at San Francisco University. She couldn't come over to the States because of the Covid. Will see how things play out. 

I refused Curtis' suggestion to drink apple juice as I never liked those kinds of drinks. I'd rather eat fresh fruit. But of course I cannot eat solid food today and tomorrow. I managed to do my daily yoga routine although with less power than usual.  If I had known what I would suffer I would have listened to Curtis and took whatever fruit juices he got for me. 

Following the instructions at 5pm I drank the first bottle of a fluid called "Clenpiq" that Dr. G prescribed. It was not difficult to drink but it was loaded with something that tasted salty. I am a very salt sensitive person. I swallowed it down with a cup of clear water. Every hour I drank a cup of water until 10:30pm when I drank the 2nd bottle of Clenpiq. I had to wait until 12am to finished drinking 3 more cups of water as required. We watched an old 007 movie to kill the time. So far, so good. 

I had the colonoscopy procedure scheduled for noon the next day. But from the very moment I opened my eyes, I was already feeling collapsed! I took a sip of water at 8am and that was all I could have before the procedure at 12pm. I was not able to do anything except crashing on the sofa with my eyes closed. I was dizzy and sweating when I had to walk! I knew exactly what this was: hypoglycemia, the deficiency of glucose in the bloodstream, caused by the fasting and cleansing. Usually my blood pressure is low and that could also have contributed to the suffering. It seemed a long time until Curtis drove me to the hospital. All the way I had my eyes shut. Curtis walked me to the reception and I collapsed on a chair not able to talk to the front desk lady. There were many patients in the waiting room. I heard nurses coming in and out calling names. I was lead into the room to a small chamber to be prepared for the procedure. A young and pretty nurse set up the IV for me. She tried several times to locate the right vein and it was painful. But today I didn't care...Finally Dr. G came by and talked to me a little. I was so powerless and could only smile back to him... I was wheeled to the procedure room and the anesthetic kicked in...  

"Wake up! wake up!" Feeling pats on the cheek I woke up knowing I was back in the prep room. A little later came Dr. G showing me the printout of test pictures. The result was good. "See you in ten years, Zoe!" said Dr. G with smile. It was a happy moment. I had spent 3 hours in the hospital. 

On the way home with tiny bites I ate the peanut butter sandwich Curtis prepared for me. It was the most delicious food in the world!  And I was craving oat soup!  The rest of the day I could feel my power was coming back to my body slowly. Not able to practice power yoga, I did meditation and stretching instead.  Watching another 007 movie to close the day. 

Today is a new day! I feel powerful and energized! Although it's Saturday Curtis had to go to office to make up for the projects he was involved. I stayed home and watched the three hours long new episode of "Street Dance of China" Season 4. Dancers were marvelous!  For yoga practice I did one of Jonah Sensei's classes. This was the 3rd time I practiced this class. Love this Power Vinyasa Flow!

Elephant Trunk

通常一個人到了 50 歲就應該開始常規結腸鏡檢查,沒十年檢查一次。我的情況比較特殊第一次做早在 2011 年當年時我隻有 46 歲。第二次在 2016 年而我完全不記得有這次。今天 2021 年我該做第三次了。我在 2009 年底右乳切除術後被歸類於於風險較高的人所以每五年需要做一次腸鏡檢查。我的專家醫生去年退休了,所以我成了同一醫療中心 G 博士的患者。

出於好奇我在穀歌上搜索了 G 博士,發現他以最高榮譽獲得了埃塞俄比亞亞的斯亞貝巴大學醫學院的醫學學位,之後在美國從事了一些令人印象深刻的工作。 他發表了許多研究論文,他還在書籍中撰寫了幾章,用作實踐胃腸病學家和外科醫生的參考。 我覺得找對了醫生。

有時候記憶會開些奇怪的把戲比如說我的大腦是選擇性記憶。我根本不記得我的第二次結腸鏡檢查,直到我那天去看 G 醫生時他給我看上次結腸鏡檢查報告沒有異常我才發覺我根本就忘記做過第二次!報告中建議我每五年完成一次。當時G博士問了我些問題後??就有了不同的看法。而且他聽我說“每天瑜伽兩小時”回答他的鍛煉問題後多次感歎。他年輕消瘦皮膚黝黑,臉上始終掛著溫和的微笑。我喜歡這個新醫生。他建議我還是把這個程序做完,如果結果好他會把下一個約會推遲到十年!我喜歡這樣!

然後我就被引到一位大概三十多歲的女工作人員跟前,她有點超重但態度超級好。最早可以約到10月底我覺得可以。我理解因為Covid疫情的持續發展,醫療中心到處人滿為患。然後她告訴本周五有人取消手術,問我願不願意填空。當然!我很樂意接受了。想著早了早好。而且離檢查隻隔了三天我不必擔心太久。

按照那位女士給我一張紙上的明確指導,星期四早上我開始為結腸鏡檢查做準備。根據我的經驗而且眾所周知準備工作會是比較難過的部分。但G博士向我保證現在的方法以前好多了。作為一名瑜伽人而且與我老公相比,我吃得相當健康的。所以我應該不會有太多清潔的麻煩。早上7點30分睜開眼睛,我開始流質飲食我選擇喝加水的黑咖啡。因為我不喜歡喝店裏買來的含糖果汁飲料。我其實也可以喝清雞湯或蔬菜湯。但我也不喜歡。按要求隻要不是紅色和紫色的流質就好。

除了喝我的Kaffeschorle就是水和咖啡混合之外,我還盡量保持忙碌狀態。順便說一下,這個Kaffeschorle 詞是我和柯蒂斯開玩笑發明的,因為他知道德語中的 Apfelschorle 是什麽意思。正好今天我在臉書看到有人找我問我知不知道個賺錢的門路,一看我就知道不是我認識的人發的。我就拿起電話給她打電話果然不出所料根本不是她!她是我的一個老同事,今年初被迫退休,她說根本沒有收到那個冒牌貨說的錢。哈哈!我們互相交流了各各自的狀況,還說以後見麵等等。以後我會專門寫一篇關於我倆的小文。大家這個時候每個人似乎都很忙,尤其是這個Covid疫情時期。這次通話避免我一小時內沒有想到吃啥的問題。

為了消磨更多時間,尤其是今天特別饑餓的情況下我打開了視頻跟兒子聊天。忍不住向我兒撒嬌老媽我有多餓。他也隻好鼓勵我堅持一下。這是他在天津隔離的第二天。他還帶著RingFit回國了,剛剛鍛煉完有點累。我們討論了一會他第三周隔離在哪裏隔離。不去四川隔離的話他可以在未婚妻小葉家所在城市裏的一家旅館裏隔離。小葉是一個非常聰明的女孩,現在舊金山大學第一個學期上網課程。由於Covid疫情她沒辦法得到簽證美國。將來怎樣還要看事態發展。

我拒絕了柯蒂斯的喝蘋果汁的建議,因為我真的不喜歡果汁。我寧願吃新鮮的水果。但是你知道我今天和明天都不能吃固體食物。我盡量保持自身日常,而且還做了我的日常瑜伽但不是平時做的力量瑜伽。如果我知道第二天會遭受什麽,我會聽柯蒂斯的話喝他給我的任何果汁。

按照指示下午5點我喝了G醫生開的第一瓶名為“Cleanpiq”的液體。不難喝但它充滿了鹽份。我是一個對鹽非常敏感的人,喝完馬上一杯清水衝了下去。然後我每小時喝一杯水,直到晚上10:30我喝了第二瓶Cleanpiq。堅持到淩晨12點才喝完所要求需的3杯水。為打發時間我們看了一部007老電影來打發時間。一切到現在為止還算好。

腸鏡檢查安排在第二天中午。從早上睜開眼睛開始我就已經感覺很崩潰了!早上8點喝了一口水說是在中午12點手術前應該喝的。可是我什麽也做不了隻能閉著眼睛倒坍在沙發上。一走路就頭暈出虛汗!我很清楚這是典型的低血糖症,因為禁食和清潔血液中缺乏葡萄糖。而且我血壓很低可能跟這個也有關。柯蒂斯開車送我去醫院似乎過了很長時間,一路上我都閉著眼睛。到了醫院的接待處,我攤在一把椅子上,根本無法與前台女士交談。候診室裏有很多病人,聽到護士進進出出喊著不同的名字。我被叫道一個小房間躺在床上。年輕漂亮的護士為我接上靜脈注射。她試了好幾次找輸液點弄得我很痛,但是今天的我根本不在乎……G醫生終於走過來和我聊了幾句。我一點力氣也沒有隻能回他一個微笑……我被拉到手術室不一會麻醉劑效果上來了……

“醒醒,醒醒!”感覺臉頰上有人在拍,我醒來才知道我已經回到了準備室。過了一會兒G醫生給我看打印出來的檢查結果和圖片都挺好的。 “十年後見,佐伊!” G醫生微笑著說。那一刻是我一生中最快樂的時刻。我在醫院一共呆了3個小時。

在回家的路上我小口咬著柯蒂斯為我準備的花生醬三明治。那真是世界上最美味的食物啊!我還想吃燕麥粥!在這一天剩下的時間裏,能感覺到力量慢慢地回到我的身體。無法練習力量瑜伽我做了冥想和伸展運動。我們看了又一部007電影以結束這一天。

今天是全新的一天! 我感到活力滿滿! 雖然是星期六但柯蒂斯不得不去辦公室彌補他參與的項目。 我呆在家裏看了三小時的《中國街舞》第四季新一集。舞者們太棒了! 今天的瑜伽練習我練了Jonah老師的一堂課。 這是我第三次練習這節課,超喜歡力量流瑜伽!

更多我的博客文章>>>

所有跟帖: 

把中文版放在上麵吧。許多網友不看英文 -fuz- 給 fuz 發送悄悄話 fuz 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/04/2022 postreply 09:31:41

照片是LZ? 能做出這動作, 不一般! -tt10- 給 tt10 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/04/2022 postreply 09:34:04

屬於高級體式了。lz 大概44 歲乳腺問題,練瑜伽10 多年了,有功底了。 -lawattaction- 給 lawattaction 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/04/2022 postreply 10:33:48

你的英文非常好。讚一個! -AprilMei- 給 AprilMei 發送悄悄話 AprilMei 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/04/2022 postreply 09:49:07

感謝分享!讚讚讚! -lawattaction- 給 lawattaction 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/04/2022 postreply 09:56:12

上一張我二年前的瑜伽,算力量瑜伽嗎?現在,我手臂更有力量,但好久沒拍瑜伽照片了。 -lawattaction- 給 lawattaction 發送悄悄話 (88 bytes) () 02/04/2022 postreply 09:58:51

嚴格來說,這些都不是傳統瑜伽 -fuz- 給 fuz 發送悄悄話 fuz 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/04/2022 postreply 10:18:43

沒細究,但我認為是傳統瑜伽裏的高級體式,蕙蘭瑜伽裏的一個體式。 -lawattaction- 給 lawattaction 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/04/2022 postreply 10:38:08

上麵的以前分享過了,沒有意思了。再上個最近的,即興的,沒有準備,一袋麵還在鏡頭裏,才看到。 -lawattaction- 給 lawattaction 發送悄悄話 (84 bytes) () 02/04/2022 postreply 10:28:29

看到新的了。讚! -古來萬事- 給 古來萬事 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/04/2022 postreply 10:48:51

謝謝親的一貫鼓勵!你也分享個吧,我知道你蹦床和跳舞 -lawattaction- 給 lawattaction 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/04/2022 postreply 12:18:05

不謝。你好棒!我要向你學習。 -古來萬事- 給 古來萬事 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/04/2022 postreply 20:56:46

互相學習。 -lawattaction- 給 lawattaction 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/05/2022 postreply 07:02:43

Jonah 老師的課,是網上課嗎?是power yoga 嗎?受你的鼓舞,我也想係統學power yoga,最好是網課。 -lawattaction- 給 lawattaction 發送悄悄話 (26 bytes) () 02/04/2022 postreply 10:10:42

多謝分享!練瑜伽把筋拉活了能防治病痛。精神、身體俱修煉。 -愛令- 給 愛令 發送悄悄話 愛令 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/04/2022 postreply 11:02:40

Lz 是在美國嗎?加拿大沒有50 歲做腸鏡這一說。我從來沒做過腸鏡,家庭醫生不給做,說我好好的不用做, -lawattaction- 給 lawattaction 發送悄悄話 (128 bytes) () 02/04/2022 postreply 12:49:42

查查沒壞處。 -tt10- 給 tt10 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/04/2022 postreply 20:58:50

麥當娜做的是阿斯湯加 Asgtanga yoga,試一試你很可能會喜歡。邁阿密有個很好的老師 Kino -LDHY- 給 LDHY 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/12/2022 postreply 17:03:24

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”