回複:感歎一下:我們第一代在美國混真累呀。

來源: 雙魚座的貓 2014-05-03 16:00:54 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1773 bytes)

need to apologize first, I would have used Chinese but my Chinese input was not functioning at the moment.

I have an opinion about the first immigrant like you say about your self. please allow me to define whom I am talking about, I am talking about Chinese in the age ~ 45-60, to distinguish with folks like myself who is 22-40 and start in US to pursue PhD.

the older Chinese folks, I think the problem they have at work place is not even the language or the culture difference, it is the perspective. most senior Chinese employee looks angry or serious most of the time, give talks to talk about data and data only. all of those are actually fine. but, the problem rises when they do not listen to people's advice but continue to think the reason people do not respect them so much is only because people don't understand how important they are.

that, is, wrong.

I have a colleague likes to complain how slow every one else is, and how fast he is, and how much better he is than his boss but he is still working for him.

in reality is, he cannot work with people. he doesn't take advice, and he cannot understand and appreciate what other people have done, he know just a little bit and he believe he knows it all and certainly talks like he knows it all.

that, is, stupid.

there is a reason people don't like you. I am Chinese and I honestly do not know US culture well. I cannot participate in many discussions myself. That is not the problem. There are enough that anyone will like and you can share. when you are in a conversation that you don't know anything, then it is a good time to just observe and learn.

所有跟帖: 

看得出來你英文太一般了。。。 -淡淡奶茶香- 給 淡淡奶茶香 發送悄悄話 (261 bytes) () 05/21/2014 postreply 18:32:51

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”