可以的. 我的一些經驗教訓

來源: spotting 2014-04-06 11:32:14 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3497 bytes)
回答: 關於spotting的 case朱珠兒2014-04-06 10:20:27
FOR this most recent job -

I got interviewed, the manager showed me the existing application they are having and indicated I will maintain and support these, also create new application like that. He also mentioned for new project, the schedule is always 2-4 weeks , very rarely can they give 6 weeks deadline for completing such project.

My impression after the interview: -
I have worked with similar looking of application before in my past jobs, so I think it should be not a big problem. As well as due date for creating new application, I didn't expect that would be a big problem for me either.

Later once I digged into the code, I found out, the application is such a mess, very buggy, the way they set it up is overly complicated(or maybe you can say sophisticated) and not the straightforward way that I was familiar to use.  But I have to do bug fix and enhancement to support and maintain these, so I have no choice.   For new project, I have to stick with the way they implemented/designed or otherwise, will be considered not a high quality of product, the client has high standard for controls(.net user control), and how it should be implemented back end, that became a challenge for me, since technically I just make things working, not necessary have to use a specific implementation. Plus the management team is very stressful and under great pressure to keep creating new similar application consistently, which I think in the long run should consider using software tool to create such application...but they have budget issues and not considering buying tools. 

My failure due to 

1. this position is a strict quiet - sitting - programming- tool, it  is the most bottom line of the food chain, very demanding environment for highly skillful and highly-passionate developer. not just average developer, even an experience contractor worked there for 2 years always under the great pressure to work over time to do programming.  I am a lady close to 40...my background was developer, but I haven't worked in such a environment before, 以前工作都輕鬆勝任, 而且有機會和用戶直接溝通, 提出解決方案, 似乎容易得多, 不象這兒, DEADLINE 緊, 任務多,  忙得臭死, 結果隨便老板, BA, qa就能讓改來改去, 有些改動我人為不是很迫切有需要, 但是這個demanding 的工作環境很強調PROACTIVE, 到最後用戶連你這個人是誰都不認識, 嚴格講不 許 developer 和用戶直接聯係. 這讓我覺得工作又辛苦又沒有成就感, 和 CREAITIVITY. 

2. LESSON LEARNED: WHEN APPROACHING 40 , STICK WITH A JOB THAT YOU CAN HANDLE RELATIVELY EASILY AND HAVE A RELATIVELY NICE AND LAID-BACK BOSS WHO THINKS YOUR SKILL IS GOOD (MIGHT NOT BE GOOD IN OTHER BOSS'S EYES) AND APPRECIATE WHAT YOU'VE DONE FOR HIM , NICE AND FLEXIBLE WORK ENVIRONMENT , have a stable job 便是最大的幸福了. 尤其對一個女人來說. 不要對自己的職業太過要求上進心, (相對的哈), 當初自己就是覺得總是信心滿滿的, 不停的跳, 以求更高 SALARY. 輕易離開了自己其實很喜歡的地方, 結果現在從雲端摔下來了....也正好累了, 想歇歇, 工作了沒間斷, 又要顧工作, 又要顧小孩的學習生活和各種課內外活動,不易啊!!!!

所有跟帖: 

回複:可以的. 我的一些經驗教訓 -spotting- 給 spotting 發送悄悄話 (368 bytes) () 04/06/2014 postreply 11:52:20

工作中出現問題一般不是技術問題,而是人際關係問題。不說明 -julie116- 給 julie116 發送悄悄話 julie116 的博客首頁 (34 bytes) () 04/06/2014 postreply 18:09:05

這個說到點子上了! -橘子口味- 給 橘子口味 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 04/06/2014 postreply 23:13:19

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”