I have similar experience

來源: very_serious 2011-03-08 10:15:47 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2239 bytes)
回答: should I take the contract job?flash12342011-03-07 19:48:49

I have been looking for job for almost one year in 2009. I got a contract job at beginning 2010. It's low paid, with little possibility of being permanent. Even more than that. The contract I got was an open contract, means it never ended. When they have job to do, they ask me to come. When they don't, they ask me to go home and wait for them to call me back. It looks like an on-call job. It was the area I am familiar with. I could not find other job at that time. So I accepted it. I worked so hard. I shared the same responsibility and stress with their employees. But the difference was, when project finished, they stayed, I have to go home to wait for new projects. But I accepted all of these. I worked hard. I don't care how much I was paid. I learn as much as I can. My only goal is to improve my skills as much as I can, in as shortest time as possible, so that I can find another job. Then after one year, I found a permanent full time job, my ideal job, doing totally different from this contract job. But the skills I learned in my contract job helped me get this new job. And because of my performance, my managers in the contract company provided me with very good references, so that I can get the new job.

My experience is:

1) You career development is more important than how much you get paid in a short period of time;

2) When you focus on how much you learned other than how much you are paid, your dedication will be paid, you'll finally find an ideal job you deserved;

3) You can quit an contract job at any time if you find a new job. They did not give you so much gerantee, so you don't need to be faithful to them like their employees. You managers of your contract job will provide you reference at any time. It's understandable to them.

In your case, I suggest you take the first offer to start working. Then wait and see if you can get the second offer. You can quit the first contract job even you have just started. If you cannot get the second offer, do the contract job and be as dedecated as you can, try to catch up in as shortest time as possible. Look for other job at the same time until you find your ideal job.

Good luck.

所有跟帖: 

回複:I have similar experience -flash1234- 給 flash1234 發送悄悄話 (90 bytes) () 03/08/2011 postreply 11:03:32

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”