should I take the contract job?

I have been looking for jobs for over 1 year. And finally got an offer for a contract position. The pay rate is pretty low on I-1099 and the job function is not very exciting. The contract will be terminated once the project is done. No possibility it will be permanent. I need make the decision very soon since the starting date they put is next week.

I also have another on-site interview scheduled tommorrow. This position is also a contract position. It is 35% higher than the one I was offered, and it is more exciting. Plus, the position can be permanent in future, and there is also some internal opportunities. However, I'm not sure if I can get this one. The hiring decision may be made in a couple of weeks.

So the question is: Shall I take the first one? or is there any way I can delay my response to the offer?

Some background information. This is a complete new area for me. It is very difficult for me to get in. In more than one year's effort, I only got 4 phone interview, and this is the first offer I got. It is just a contract work with very low rate that barely covers my kids daycare expense.

You input will be appreciated. Thanks!

所有跟帖: 

Anyone can help me -flash1234- 給 flash1234 發送悄悄話 (236 bytes) () 03/08/2011 postreply 07:45:42

I have similar experience -very_serious- 給 very_serious 發送悄悄話 (2239 bytes) () 03/08/2011 postreply 10:15:47

回複:I have similar experience -flash1234- 給 flash1234 發送悄悄話 (90 bytes) () 03/08/2011 postreply 11:03:32

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!