回複:工作遇到難題,help.

來源: Kaolin007 2010-03-31 08:43:25 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1858 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ Kaolin007 ] 在 2010-03-31 14:09:49 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
First, I congrat you having such a challenging work. You will learn a lot within this year! If you work hard and commit to learn, you will gain lots of experience and will have a wonderful future - same as your name. haha.

Second, you need to raise the bar higher for yourself!! You are the MANAGER and your work is very important to the professor (I assume this is the most important project for him now). Your performance is critical.

As project coodinator, you are responsible to make this project proceeding nicely and on-time. You need to have a concrete plan. You need to manage your recourse (budget and man-hours) wisely. You need to set up milestones so you can track the progress. You need to obtain and maintain lab equipment. You need to maintain a safe work place with compliance to all regulations ...

Third, Communications,communications! I assume you are a PhD and lead the research work as well. Think about how to communicate the project progress to the boss. Maybe Monthly project review meeting and everyone in the group need to make a presentation. Maybe the project requires a quarterly report to the sponsor, and you should think about take that work-load from professor. You are also in charge of solve problems/conflict within group, and you should not feel "這讓我的工作很煩", and push everything to the big boss.

Forth, think more about how I can contribute to the project, and less about the salary. It's done and you can't change it. Your boss concerns about 1) how to deal with this project; 2) how to get the next project/fund. So all your work should surround these two key points.

After this year, you will find a high-paid permanent job somewhere. But you need the working experience here and whole-hearted support and recommendation letters from this professor.

My 2 cents.

所有跟帖: 

回複:回複:工作遇到難題,help. -天天進步- 給 天天進步 發送悄悄話 (571 bytes) () 03/31/2010 postreply 10:24:53

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!