回複:回複:回複:A capable person would have better chance to succeed in

來源: SteveSteve 2009-10-20 10:25:16 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2969 bytes)
Thank you very much for your replying. I agree most part of your suggestions. This working department is pretty stable. That's one of the reason I still stay here. Also, the job is pretty easy for me. Regarding the people, it really sucks. Several times, they tried very hard to fail our oversea teams in China and India by feeding false system information. It certainly can happen in any other companies now.

My concern is how to win the trust from the management to acknowledge my achievement instead of just using me when needed. I am guessing you are a manager with MBA degree, right?

Only some of my miscellaneous thoughts based on the info here:

Let’s see what you have in this situation:

1. Stable service company
2. Nice people
3. Your technical advantage
4. Resource backing from China

If you see things differently, you would find this actually a place you may have better chance to succeed:

1. In principle, people’s interactions or so called politics are normal and healthy. It’s nothing personal, not ‘turning face’ or ‘dog bites dog’. It’s a part of life and you should be a part of it.
2. Overall, you should see people and things more positively and constructively and act/react as such. People in this company survived so long. They must have something deserves your respect and for you to learn. Bugs are problems that need people like you to solve them, so they are the opportunities for you to demonstrate your problem-solving skills.
3. True leaders are those who push the project forward with or without the job title, and bring the team along through the process. I don’t know your organization structure. You must have a clear picture of where everyone is and the project is in the big picture, including your own position or potential position. I see your manager and project leader are being super nice and I see your director and ‘上麵’know what they are doing. Learn to stop fighting with small people on petty things. Learn to stop the tendency of finding excuses for exit. Your goal is to keep your work and progress at work, not to find faults in the place and people. Even for the ABC, who was promoted from a position below you, there must be something he did and you didn’t do.
4. It is a good thing that you know your technical strength and utilize it. But be cautious not to over emphasize your technical skills and refuse to see and correct your shortcoming. You were hired for your technical skills and you are expected to contribute them to the project success. In a subtle and respectful way, you may consider helping your bosses and your colleagues to better understand the technology updates and a dependable, respectable, collaborative and knowledgeable person you are. Success is in one’s confidence, steadfastly action and vision (not only business wise, but how big we truly are as people).

所有跟帖: 

回複:回複:回複:回複:A capable person would have better chance to succeed -林依- 給 林依 發送悄悄話 林依 的博客首頁 (769 bytes) () 10/20/2009 postreply 10:43:01

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”