More discussion

來源: rancho2008 2015-07-25 11:20:06 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3323 bytes)
回答: I am grateful. I updated the writing.JasmineZ2015-07-25 04:07:13
1. Some left-over errors you did not correct.
the numbers > the number
On the Kang-a heatable brick bed > on the kang, a heatable brick bed
seemed be bothering yet exciting her > seemed to be bothering yet exciting her

2. In your example, "ear" is used as what we call “量詞” in Chinese. It is normally seen in "ears of corn" not "corn ears." In your sentence you can simply use "corn," which is a collective noun and already gives the meaning you want to use here.

3.You can change "state-owned store" to "co-op store."

You can use "perch" if your chickens were resting on a platform high up above the ground. I was just curious that your chickens seemed to be so well-behaved.

The use of definite and indefinite articles is hard to explain in a few sentences, and sometimes it really needs 語感 to use them correctly. The correct use also depends on the way you understand or use nouns. I found you also have problems with nouns. I am sure you know English nouns are classified into countable nouns, uncountable nouns, abstract nouns, etc. The rule of the thumb is that you cannot leave a singular countable noun without any modifier.

In the Internet age, you don't need to buy a book or find a book in the library to learn the use of articles. Here is a useful link for you:

https://www.tesol-direct.com/guide-to-english-grammar/definite-and-indefinite-articles

Please read it carefully, and I can also use the comments in your post to illustrate some points.

For example, in your comment, you wrote "I did use auto-speller."
Since the word "auto-speller" is a singular countable noun, you need to add "an" before it if you are mentioning it for the first time or add "the" before it if you are referring to the one you mentioned earlier.

In your sentence "You have been a great help," the word "help" can be a concrete (countable) noun or an abstract (uncountable) noun. I believe what you meant to use here should be an abstract noun. So the correct way to express that meaning would be "You have been of great help [to me]." If you use the word "help" as a singular countable noun by adding the indefinite article "a," the meaning is slightly different. It would mean 一個幫手 in Chinese, which I don't think is the meaning you wanted to use here.

If you are really serious about learning English, you can browse or join some English-learning forums online, especially those grammar forums where you can interact with native English speakers in discussing grammar or usage.

Learning the basics of grammar is only the first step to learn writing in English, and the hardest part is to try to think in English when you write instead of having a Chinese sentence formed in your mind before you actually write (or translate) it in English.

Another area you may want to work on is punctuation.

Yes, you are certainly right that an auto-speller by itself cannot eliminate all spelling errors; it just serves as a tool to get rid of some misspelt words or simple grammar errors as you type.

所有跟帖: 

I can't thank you enough! -JasmineZ- 給 JasmineZ 發送悄悄話 JasmineZ 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 07/26/2015 postreply 03:39:35

Nice proof-reading and correction. -niteBynite- 給 niteBynite 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 07/26/2015 postreply 05:46:35

Thank you. Let the colors in the text signify my appreciations -JasmineZ- 給 JasmineZ 發送悄悄話 JasmineZ 的博客首頁 (55 bytes) () 07/26/2015 postreply 05:58:30

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”