originalsound..."> originalsound..." />
新英語900句之生活篇 Lesson52:ADVENTUROUS EXPERIENCES冒險的經曆
766. I spent this summer fighting forest fires.
這個夏季我在撲救森林大火。
767. My brother is a rodeo rider.
我哥哥是個馬技表演者。
768. John is a New York City firefighter.
約翰是紐約市的一名消防員。
769. She was trapped on a mountain in Tibet for almost a day.
有一次在西藏,她在山上被困了幾乎一天。
770. His raft turned over in rough whitewater.
他的筏子被激流弄翻了。
771. Have you ever seen a bullfight in Spain?
你看過西班牙鬥牛嗎?
772. I love bungee cord jumping.
我喜歡跳蹦極跳。
773. The adrenaling rush is incredible.
那種刺激簡直是令人難以置信。
774. I live for excitement.
我活著就為了冒險。
775. I’m planning to climb Mount Denali in Alaska.
我打算去攀登阿拉斯加州的德納裏山。
776. I was worried that I would chicken out the first time I tried it, but I found out that you get so caught up in the excitement that you don’t have time to be scared.
我第一次嚐試的時候也擔心我會害怕得放棄,但後來發現當你正興奮的時侯,根本就沒有時間害怕。
777. Everything happens so quickly that you won’t have time to start worrying.
一切都發生得那麽迅速,你根本就沒有時間擔心。
778. Not everyone can say that they’ve climbed some of the tallest mountains in the world.
不是每個人都可以說他們曾攀登過世界上最高的一些山。
779. Every year some people are killed falling off cliffs, getting caught in avalanches, or from exposure to the elements. 每年都有一些人因摔落懸崖、遇上雪崩、或是暴露於嚴酷的環境而死亡。
780. I prefer to rough it when I go camping.
我比較喜歡原始的野營方式。
【生詞解讀】
1. adventurous [Ed5ventFErEs] a. 愛冒險的;大膽的
2. rodeo [5rEudiEu] n. 馬術競賽會;牧人套馬表演會
3. trap [trAp] v. 使落入圈套(或困境)
4. raft [rB:ft] n. 木排,木筏;筏子
5. whitewater [7wait5wC:tE ] n. 白色水域;急流
6. bullfight [5bJl7faIt] n. 鬥牛
7. adrenalin [E5drenElin] 一陣興奮(或激動)
8. chicken out [5tFikin aut] 因害怕而不敢做某事
9. cliff [klif] n. 懸崖,峭壁
10. avalanche [5AvE7lB:ntF] n. 雪崩