Comfort and ease to a young person are not an advantage.

來源: One1618 2023-01-17 07:31:19 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1983 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ One1618 ] 在 2023-01-17 08:25:04 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Need to ask him to help YOU, not only physically around the house and yard doing chores, but also mentally. It has been in one direction for too long, you helping him. He needs to develop the inititive to be helpful to others.

By experiencing life's difficulties, he has a chance to develop the capacity for empathy for others. You want to condition a reflex in him that you need his help and he needs to help you, a reflex of feeling good after helping you or solving a problem for you. That is what'll get him to visit in your old age.

By attending to his every need and overprotecting him, your subliminal message to him is that he is vulnerable and he needs you. Over time, he tells himself the same thing: I'm weak, I can be hurt, I need protection, rather than: I'm strong, I can make things happen, I am the protector.

To make friends, instead of expecting others to bring things to him, being it physical or spiritual, he needs to ask what am I bringing to the table? so that my friends can feel good by being with me.  Since he is used to being on the receiving end of others' attention, such mental undertaking becomes a burden. So, he prefers doing things by himself.

Parents' wealth affects childrens' thinking, can be good or bad, depending on your values. You surely want him to make his own living, then he needs to realize he'd better use the remaining time to ready himself for the jungle that lies ahead of him.  Much of the online stuff is there for people to escape reality. He should not enslave himself to that so others can make money. Real life is to be experienced, and he has such a good support from his family, he should benefit from it fully.

"To live is to suffer." He is either to suffer some now when his lfe can afford it, or suffer much more later.

所有跟帖: 

Excellen回帖!不止一個good points。感謝! -香草仙子- 給 香草仙子 發送悄悄話 香草仙子 的博客首頁 (1280 bytes) () 01/17/2023 postreply 09:56:15

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”