【周三聽歌練聽力 】“The Sound of Silence”

來源: 最西邊的島上 2024-01-31 05:40:52 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (11317 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 最西邊的島上 ] 在 2024-01-31 05:56:21 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Following the lead of last week 【聽歌練聽力】by 盈盈班長, here is another well known song originally released by Simon & Garfunkel in their 1964 album: "Wednesday Morning, 3 A.M.".

I always like the rytham of the song.  I can't sing but did try to play it on a keyboard and enjoyed it very much.

Posted here are two versons:
 - one by S&G
 - one by three young singers (each of them was a champion of some competition) from “聲入人心”,

I can't say which one I like more. Just felt that listening to the 2nd one (by 3 singers) is like listening to a big waterfall, heavy and powerful and pounding;  While the 1st one is like listening to a running river, youthful and playful and crystal clear.

Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly (  )
Left its (  )  while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence
In (  ) dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a (   )  lamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That (  ) the night
And touched the sound of silence
And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share
No one dared
Disturb the sound of silence
"Fools" said I, "You do not know
Silence like a (  ) grows
Hear my words that I might teach you
Take my arms that I might reach you"
But my words like silent (  ) fell
And echoed in the wells of silence
And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming
And the sign said, "The words of the (  )
Are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls
And whispered in the sounds of silence"

Note the lyrics were also on the screen of the 2nd video, so you could check them yourself if you got all the words correct.

What do you think and which version do you like more?

Thanks for listening and happy Wednesday everyone!

Added: below is the link to -- The Profound Meaning Behind Simon & Garfunkel's“The Sound of Silence”for some fun reading:

https://americansongwriter.com/the-profound-meaning-behind-simon-garfunkels-the-sound-of-silence/

所有跟帖: 

多謝主持周三的聽歌練聽力!辛苦了! -盈盈一笑間- 給 盈盈一笑間 發送悄悄話 盈盈一笑間 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/31/2024 postreply 07:54:54

好聽的歌。我也很喜歡當年的聲入人心。:) -盈盈一笑間- 給 盈盈一笑間 發送悄悄話 盈盈一笑間 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/31/2024 postreply 07:56:49

灰常同意。我很喜歡第一季的低音王晰和第二季的音樂劇歌手徐均朔,能唱也會唱,聲音還那麽的好聽。 -最西邊的島上- 給 最西邊的島上 發送悄悄話 最西邊的島上 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/31/2024 postreply 09:09:59

Love it as ever, in a silent and frantic sea of neon gods. -7grizzly- 給 7grizzly 發送悄悄話 7grizzly 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/31/2024 postreply 08:05:45

;-) -最西邊的島上- 給 最西邊的島上 發送悄悄話 最西邊的島上 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/31/2024 postreply 09:10:47

聽聽美壇童鞋的翻唱版本,是不是可以亂真: -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (13155 bytes) () 01/31/2024 postreply 08:38:34

唱的很好耶,節奏掌握的很好,發音吐字很清楚和諧。讚一個! -最西邊的島上- 給 最西邊的島上 發送悄悄話 最西邊的島上 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/31/2024 postreply 09:17:42

最喜歡的二聲部英歌!太熟了,不做題了^_^隻靜靜欣賞。。。 -愛聽歌的奧黛麗- 給 愛聽歌的奧黛麗 發送悄悄話 愛聽歌的奧黛麗 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/31/2024 postreply 08:38:40

同喜歡。謝謝! -最西邊的島上- 給 最西邊的島上 發送悄悄話 最西邊的島上 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/31/2024 postreply 09:18:39

麗麗一定聽過很多英文歌!期待有時間分享。:)) -盈盈一笑間- 給 盈盈一笑間 發送悄悄話 盈盈一笑間 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/31/2024 postreply 10:32:00

是我最喜歡的歌曲之一:-) -Oona- 給 Oona 發送悄悄話 Oona 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/01/2024 postreply 05:37:21

hear hear, same here! -最西邊的島上- 給 最西邊的島上 發送悄悄話 最西邊的島上 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/01/2024 postreply 06:06:13

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”