老金語錄

來源: viewfinder 2011-01-13 07:30:36 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4219 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ viewfinder ] 在 2011-01-14 02:14:15 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

此老金說的是馬丁.路德.金,九十二年前出生在亞特蘭大的那一位。在對曆史演變起大作用的人裏麵,有決斷有勇力又不忘仁慈的人,以我的標準很稀有,老金算一個。

除了以他為代表的民權(特別是有色人種民權)運動的成功,老金生前是能說善道聞名的。他還留下了一些思維的火花給後人。他的語錄中,我比較喜歡的包括下麵幾句。

--“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.”

這一段似乎是在說“幹一行愛一行”,但我覺得不完全如此。這個說的是要有激情地活著,即使被世人視為平凡,也要在每一刻充分感受到生命在宇宙間短暫而神奇的曆程;而不是象一部永動機一樣麻木不仁地存在著。

--“Somehow this madness must cease. We must stop now. I speak as a child of God and brother to the suffering poor of Vietnam.I speak for those whose land is being laid waste, whose homes are being destroyed, whose culture is being subverted. I speak for the poor in America who are paying the double price of smashed hopes at home and death and corruption in Vietnam. I speak as a citizen of the world, for the world as it stands aghast at the path we have taken. I speak as an American to the leaders of my own nation. The great initiative in this war is ours. The initiative to stop it must be ours.”

這是老金對越戰的聲明。俺沒啥好說的,美國人發動每一個戰爭前應該把這個拿出來念一念。

--“The means by which we live have outdistanced the ends for which we live. Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.”

這個情況在老金身後的幾十年並沒有改變。科技爆炸式的增長,並沒有帶來任何人類心靈上的成熟和智慧。

--”Nonviolence is the answer to the crucial political and moral questions of our time: the need for man to overcome oppression and violence without resorting to oppression and violence. Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love. ”

耶穌也說過類似的話,孔子也說過類似的話。如果他們的追隨者真正信任他們,曆史和今天就都會完全不一樣了。

--“Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better. ”

曆史是少數人推動的?老金對“沉默的大多數”的譴責從來不猶豫。從他所處的情形來看,這句話並不是太政治上正確,所以我相信他是真誠的。

最後,如果有興趣,請看他“我有一個夢”的講演。

請閱讀更多我的博客文章>>>
  • 留影之後記
  • 俺的健壇留影 (關於科學、宗教和中醫 )
  • A Perfect Indian -- Sinead O'Conor
  • 記憶中的美人
  • 今天有個帥哥對我連說三聲:“I love you. ” 。發文留念。
  • 所有跟帖: 

應時應景,謝分享馬丁.路德.金的演講視頻和語錄及點評,尤其喜歡第一條. -紓珈- 給 紓珈 發送悄悄話 紓珈 的博客首頁 (679 bytes) () 01/13/2011 postreply 09:22:22

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
    請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
    選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
    選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”