TED演講:用30天嚐試新事物 雙語演講稿

來源: ~葉子~ 2014-12-01 13:12:06 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (10801 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ ~葉子~ ] 在 2014-12-01 13:22:50 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

A few years ago, I felt like I was stuck in a rut, so I decided to follow in the footsteps of the great American philosopher, Morgan Spurlock, and try something new for 30 days. The idea is actually pretty simple. Think about something you've always wanted to add to your life and try it for the next 30 days. It turns out, 30 days is just about the right amount of time to add a new habit or subtract a habit -- like watching the news -- from your life.

There's a few things I learned while doing these 30-day challenges. The first was, instead of the months flying by, forgotten, the time was much more memorable. This was part of a challenge I did to take a picture everyday for a month. And I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing that day. I also noticed that as I started to do more and harder 30-day challenges, my self-confidence grew. I went from desk-dwelling computer nerd to the kind of guy who bikes to work -- for fun. Even last year, I ended up hiking up Mt. Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa. I would never have been that adventurous before I started my 30-day challenges.

I also figured out that if you really want something badly enough, you can do anything for 30 days. Have you ever wanted to write a novel? Every November, tens of thousands of people try to write their own 50,000 word novel from scratch in 30 days. It turns out, all you have to do is write 1,667 words a day for a month. So I did. By the way, the secret is not to go to sleep until you've written your words for the day. You might be sleep-deprived, but you'll finish your novel. Now is my book the next great American novel? No. I wrote it in a month. It's awful. But for the rest of my life, if I meet john Hodgman at a TED party, I don't have to say, "I'm a computer scientist." No, no, if I want to I can say, "I'm a novelist."

(Laughter)

So here's one last thing I'd like to mention. I learned that when I made small, sustainable changes, things I could keep doing, they were more likely to stick. There's nothing wrong with big, crazy challenges. In fact, they're a ton of fun. But they're less likely to stick. When I gave up sugar for 30 days, day 31 looked like this.

(Laughter)

So here's my question to you: What are you waiting for? I guarantee you the next 30 days are going to pass whether you like it or not, so why not think about something you have always wanted to try and give it a shot for the next 30 days.

幾年前,我感到生活枯燥乏味,所以我決定追隨美國傑出哲學家Morgan Spurlock的腳步,用30天時間嘗試新事物。這個想法其實非常簡單,想想那些你生命中一直想做的事,然後在接下來三十天裡嘗試做這件事。事實證明三十天剛好是一段合適的時間,在你生活中養成一個新習慣,或改掉一個習慣,例如看新聞。

我在這三十天的挑戰裡學到了一些事,第一件事是,和那些匆匆流逝或被遺忘的月份相比,這段時間顯得彌足珍貴,令人難忘。挑戰的一部分是,這一個月中,我每天要拍攝一張照片。我清楚記得每一天我身在何處、做了哪些事。我也注意到,隨著我開始做更多更難的三十天挑戰任務,我的自信心增強了。我從一位老是窩在電腦桌前的宅男,變成一位為了好玩而騎腳踏車去上班的人;去年我甚至完成了非洲最高峰-乞力馬紮羅山的登山活動;在我開始這三十天的挑戰之前,我從來沒有這樣愛冒險過。

我也發現,如果你真的非常渴望做一些事情,這些事情都可以拿來進行三十天挑戰。你曾想過寫本小說嗎?每年十一月,有數以萬計的人們,試著用三十天時間從頭開始撰寫他們自己的五萬字小說。結果是,你所要做的就是每天寫1667個字,寫上一個月,所以我這麼做了。順帶一提,秘密就是除非你在一天內寫完這些字,否則就別睡覺。你的睡眠時間可能被剝奪,但你將會完成你的小說。那麼,我寫的書會成為下一部偉大的美國小說嗎?不,我一個月寫完這本小說耶,讀起來超可怕的,但在我的後半輩子,如果我在一個TED派對上遇見John Hodgman,我不一定得說,「我是一位電腦專家。」不,如果我想要的話,我能說,「我是一位小說家。」

(笑聲)

我最後想提的一件事是,我學到的是,當我做一些小而持續性的改變時,就是一些我可以持續做的事,這些事比較容易有始有終的堅持下去。又大又瘋狂的挑戰並沒有什麼不對,事實上,那些挑戰樂趣無窮;但那些挑戰不太可能堅持下去。當我三十天不吃糖,第三十一天就會變成這樣。

(笑聲)

所以我想請問大家:你們還在等什麼?我保證大家在未來三十天,都會經歷一些你喜歡或不喜歡的事,那為什麼不考慮一些你一直想嘗試做的事,並在未來三十天裡試試,給自己一個機會。

謝謝。

(掌聲)

所有跟帖: 

精彩演講,頗受啟動,謝Sis分享,我找到了視頻版本: -斕婷- 給 斕婷 發送悄悄話 斕婷 的博客首頁 (604 bytes) () 12/01/2014 postreply 13:53:45

Thanks, dear sister! Let's work hard to form a good habit in nex -~葉子~- 給 ~葉子~ 發送悄悄話 ~葉子~ 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/01/2014 postreply 14:49:31

Oops, I meant “啟迪”。 -斕婷- 給 斕婷 發送悄悄話 斕婷 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/01/2014 postreply 17:46:27

一葉左佐華,兩度右佑慶 secret -走馬讀人- 給 走馬讀人 發送悄悄話 走馬讀人 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/01/2014 postreply 16:34:13

哈哈,走馬,猜謎呢?我認輸。 -~葉子~- 給 ~葉子~ 發送悄悄話 ~葉子~ 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/02/2014 postreply 21:37:35

A very good idea. Thanks 葉子 for sharing, have a nice week:) -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/02/2014 postreply 18:04:42

It takes 30 days to form a new habit. Let's go for it, Songsong. -~葉子~- 給 ~葉子~ 發送悄悄話 ~葉子~ 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 12/02/2014 postreply 21:40:05

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!