Here is one.

來源: hammerheadshark 2013-07-14 14:46:10 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3424 bytes)

My boss, Joanna, who is the Regional Manager for the Canada East, had an interesting talk with me last week. Here is an exaggerated version of the talk.

“Jason, nice work on the year to year sales. 73% growth. It is amazing.” She patted gently on my arm with one hand, using the other fumbling in her purse, her face in a broad smile laced with a mysterious wink, or I have probably largely imagined this part. “So, how can I reward you?”

“Promotion.” I blurted it out and then immediately I regretted saying it.

“Ah, you want my job. Patience, patience, big boy. Your day will come.” She is still fumbling in her purse.

“I guess it will be reflected on my next pay check.” I said hopefully. What else I could be rewarded with?

“It's not gonna happen. You know.  This year is particularly tough for everyone.  But the bright side is that we are not firing anyone.” She is patting me again, reassuringly.

“Could you give me two weeks’ vacation?” I figured it was not that bad if I could scrape some paid vacation.

“Out of question.  You are too important for this branch.  It can’t function without you.” Finally, she touched on something in her purse and pulled it out excitedly.  It was a Tim Hortons’ gift card. “I know it. It is somewhere in my purse. I know it's not much, but better than nothing.”

“Fuck you!” I should have said it in a very masculine way, liking roaring.  Instead, it came out like a petulant student whining.

“My home then. At 6 tomorrow.”  

所有跟帖: 

Out of question or Out of the question? -Marauders- 給 Marauders 發送悄悄話 (190 bytes) () 07/14/2013 postreply 21:43:26

Should be "out of the question" -hammerheadshark- 給 hammerheadshark 發送悄悄話 (680 bytes) () 07/15/2013 postreply 22:44:51

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”