小洛克菲勒銘言

來源: decentdreamer 2013-04-23 13:03:34 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (8187 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ decentdreamer ] 在 2013-04-23 20:44:06 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

小約翰·戴維森·洛克菲勒John Davison Rockefeller, Jr. 1874年1月29-1960年5月11,是美國著名慈善家、洛克菲勒家族的重要人物。他是標準石油公司創辦人、億萬富翁約翰·洛克菲勒唯一的兒子和繼承人,也是著名的洛克菲勒五兄弟的父親。以下是小洛克菲勒1941年在洛克菲勒中心寫的牌匾全文。

I believe in the supreme worth of the individual and in his  right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
I believe that  every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every  possession, a duty.
I believe that the law was made for man and not man for  the law; that government is the servant of the people and not their master.
I  believe in the dignity of labor, whether with head or hand; that the world owes  no man a living but that it owes every man an opportunity to make a living.
I  believe that thrift is essential to well ordered living and that economy is a  prime requisite of a sound financial structure, whether in government, business  or personal affairs.
I believe that truth and justice are fundamental to an  enduring social order.
I believe in the sacredness of a promise, that a man's  word should be as good as his bond; that character not wealth or power or  position - is of supreme worth.
I believe that the rendering of useful  service is the common duty of mankind and that only in the purifying fire of  sacrifice is the dross of selfishness consumed and the greatness of the human  soul set free.
I believe in an all-wise and all-loving God, named by whatever name, and that the individual’s highest fulfillment, greatest happiness, and widest usefulness are to be found in living in harmony with His Will.

I believe that love is the greatest thing in the world; that it alone can overcome hate; that right can and will triumph over  might

原創翻譯小洛克菲勒在1941年寫的牌匾: 

我相信個人至高無上 ​​的價值,和他對生命,自由和幸福追求的權利。
我相信,每一項權利意味著責任,每一個機會意味著義務,每一個擁有意味著職責。
我相信,法律是為人而切,不是人為法律而立,政府是人民的公仆,不是人民的主人。
我相信勞動的尊嚴,​​無論是腦力或體力的,這個世界沒欠任何人一個生存,但它欠每個人一個謀生的機會。
我相信,節儉是井然有序生活的基本,而經濟是健全財務結構的首要必需,無論是在政府,企業或個人事務裏。
我相信,真理和公正是一個長久社會秩序的基礎。
我相信承諾的神聖,一個人的言行應該像他信守的那樣美好,品格,非財富,權力或地位 – 是具有至高無上價值的。
我相信,提供有益服務是人類的共同職責,隻有在奉獻的煉火中,自私的糟粕被消毀,人類靈魂的偉大得到釋放。
我相信一個大智和博愛的上帝,不論它冠以何名,相信個人的最高成就,最大的幸福,最廣泛的用,將會在與上帝意旨的和諧生活中找到。
我相信,愛是世界上最偉大的事情,有它就能克服仇恨,權利能夠而且必將戰勝權勢。

And I You Giovanni

請閱讀更多我的博客文章>>>

所有跟帖: 

謝謝翻譯這些給人啟迪的銘言,分享洛克菲勒中心的聖誕攝影。 -婉蕠- 給 婉蕠 發送悄悄話 婉蕠 的博客首頁 (33 bytes) () 04/23/2013 postreply 17:48:47

放不上,不好意思,請到我的博客聽吧, -decentdreamer- 給 decentdreamer 發送悄悄話 decentdreamer 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/23/2013 postreply 18:20:34

聽到了清脆空靈的鋼琴聲,謝謝。 -婉蕠- 給 婉蕠 發送悄悄話 婉蕠 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/23/2013 postreply 18:56:42

good -decentdreamer- 給 decentdreamer 發送悄悄話 decentdreamer 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/24/2013 postreply 09:13:53

Have a nice day. -婉蕠- 給 婉蕠 發送悄悄話 婉蕠 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/24/2013 postreply 09:42:08

Thanks for sharing! -Lucidus- 給 Lucidus 發送悄悄話 Lucidus 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/24/2013 postreply 06:15:43

thanks -decentdreamer- 給 decentdreamer 發送悄悄話 decentdreamer 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/24/2013 postreply 08:24:00

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!