麥克阿瑟將軍的「父親的祈禱」

來源: 動京城 2011-06-18 05:23:41 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3688 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 動京城 ] 在 2011-06-19 01:43:03 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
A Father's Prayer by General Douglas MacArthur
麥克阿瑟將軍的「父親的祈禱」

Build me a son, O Lord, who will be strong enough to know when he is weak, and brave enough to face himself when he is afraid; one who will be proud and unbending in honest defeat, and humble and gentle in victory.

主啊!懇求你教導我的兒子,在他軟弱時,不屈不撓;在懼怕時,堅強勇敢;在誠實的失敗中,毫不氣餒;在光明的勝利中,保持謙遜溫和。

Build me a son whose wishbone will not be where his backbone should be; a son who will know Thee and that to know himself is the foundation stone of knowledge. Lead him, I pray, not in the path of ease and comfort, but under the stress and spur of difficulties and challenge. Here let him learn to stand up in the storm; here let him learn compassion for those who fail.

懇求教導我的兒子,勿隻空有幻想而缺乏行動;引導他認識你,同時又能明白,認識自己乃是真知識的基石。主啊!我祈求你,不要讓他隻走在安逸、舒適之途,求你將他置於困難、艱難和挑戰的磨練中,求你引領他,使他學習在風暴中挺身站立,同時學會憐恤那些在重壓之下失敗跌倒的人

Build me a son whose heart will be clean, whose goal will be high; a son who will master himself before he seeks to master other men; one who will learn to laugh, yet never forget how to weep; one who will reach into the future, yet never forget the past. And after all these things are his, add, I pray, enough of a sense of humor, so that he may always be serious, yet never take himself too seriously.

主啊!求你塑造我的兒子,求你讓他有一顆純潔的心,抱持遠大的目標;使他在能指揮別人之前,先懂得駕馭自己;使他學會歡笑,也不忘記哭泣;當邁入未來之際,永不忘記那過去的教訓。主啊!在他有了這些美德之後,我還要祈求你賜給他充分的幽默感,以免他過於嚴肅,還苛求自己。

Give him humility, so that he may always remember the simplicity of greatness, the open mind of true wisdom, the meekness of true strength.

Then I, his father, will dare to whisper, "I have not lived in vain."

求你賜給他謙卑的心,使他永遠記得,真正的偉大是單純,真正的智慧是坦率,真正的力量是溫和。

然後作為父親的我,才敢輕輕的說:「我這一生總算沒有白白活著」。阿們!

又翻為:   

更求禰賜他謙卑,並能永遠謹記:   
真偉大中的平凡、真智慧中的坦率、真勇氣中的溫和。   

如此,為父的我,才敢低語:「我沒有虛度此生。」   阿們!

請閱讀更多我的博客文章>>>
  • 被忽悠了?
  • 草地和魚,可否兼得?
  • 姿生堂,阿拉廚房,貓經,投資。。。
  • 媽媽的手
  • I will win!
  • 所有跟帖: 

這是個了不起的父親啊!General MacArthur有這樣的父親不奇怪。禱文我借走了 -千與.千尋- 給 千與.千尋 發送悄悄話 千與.千尋 的博客首頁 (93 bytes) () 06/18/2011 postreply 06:37:37

the tender heart of a tough soldier -jingbeiboy- 給 jingbeiboy 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/18/2011 postreply 07:25:57

有聲版本:Build Me A Son -EnLearner- 給 EnLearner 發送悄悄話 EnLearner 的博客首頁 (4079 bytes) () 06/18/2011 postreply 09:37:46

這個我咋聽不了呢?其他人能聽到嗎? -金迷- 給 金迷 發送悄悄話 金迷 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/18/2011 postreply 17:13:04

Please try to click the mp3 link to see if you can hear it: -婉蕠- 給 婉蕠 發送悄悄話 婉蕠 的博客首頁 (342 bytes) () 06/18/2011 postreply 17:46:59

你的貼子我能聽到,謝謝 -金迷- 給 金迷 發送悄悄話 金迷 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/18/2011 postreply 18:31:03

應時應景好文,謝分享。順祝所有的父親節日快樂。 -婉蕠- 給 婉蕠 發送悄悄話 婉蕠 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/18/2011 postreply 17:01:32

麥克阿瑟將軍簡介: -婉蕠- 給 婉蕠 發送悄悄話 婉蕠 的博客首頁 (3869 bytes) () 06/18/2011 postreply 17:05:41

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
    請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
    選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
    選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”