Katie Couric The Best Advice I Ever Got, Part 27

來源: 2msmom 2014-01-01 09:06:32 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2097 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 2msmom ] 在 2014-01-04 15:50:09 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

新年好! 這段錄音11月底就讀了,一直沒時間來網站發,今天有時間就趕緊發了吧
歡迎多多批評指正.

PART 5  MINUTE PARTICULARS
On Doing What's Right

Good manners sometimes means simply putting up with other people's bad manners.
H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

The English poet William Blake once observed, “He who would do good to another man must do it in Minute Particulars.” Minute particulars. Not grand gestures but everyday acts of kindness. They accumulate, and together provide the threads that make up our moral fiber. The writer Annie Dillard put it another way: “How we live our days, of course, is how we live our lives.” I listened to my minister, the Reverend Michael Lindvall, talk about “minute particulars” one Sunday and was struck by how closely his sermon aligned with my personal philosophy – or, at least, with the kind of person I strive to be.
    Anyone who has taken Psych 101 is familiar with a concept called modeling. Good manners beget good manners, along with endless appeals to “put your napkin in your lap!” My dad was obsessed with a firm handshake and eye contact, as am I. My daughters could win gold medals for both. Kindness also begets kindness. It always gives me great pleasure and pride when I see my children showing people the respect they deserve – when they thank someone politely and tell him or her to have a good day, or hold the door for an elderly shopper. These are common courtesies that sometimes seem woefully uncommon. Parents have so much responsibility when it comes to shaping young minds – and an obligation to teach compassion, empathy and tolerance, primarily through example.

所有跟帖: 

新年的第一天聽到你的朗讀係列,佩服你的堅持精神。Happy New Year. -婉蕠- 給 婉蕠 發送悄悄話 婉蕠 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2014 postreply 13:07:48

謝謝婉蕠! 新年快樂!希望今年口語能上一層樓. -2msmom- 給 2msmom 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2014 postreply 16:28:45

很棒!加油! 祝你新年快樂! -~葉子~- 給 ~葉子~ 發送悄悄話 ~葉子~ 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2014 postreply 23:51:02

謝謝葉子! 祝你新年快樂! -2msmom- 給 2msmom 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/02/2014 postreply 15:48:56

Great! Keep it up! -衝浪潛水員- 給 衝浪潛水員 發送悄悄話 衝浪潛水員 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/03/2014 postreply 00:00:58

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”