Katie Couric The Best Advice I Ever Got, Part 24

來源: 2msmom 2013-10-11 07:50:07 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1866 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 2msmom ] 在 2013-10-14 08:10:27 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

歡迎多多批評指正.

PART 4

BE UNREASONABLE

On Passion and Dreams

One person with passion is better than forty people merely interested.
-- E.M. Forster

Loving what you do is like winning the lottery. It means that on most mornings getting up and getting going is relatively easy. (Okay, maybe not every morning.) It means that you aren't leading Thoreau's life of quiet desperation, or trapped in an Edward Hopper painting, going through the motions in a sepia-toned fog, feeling isolated and despondent.
    Sometimes it takes a few tries to find your passion. At one time, I thought a career in advertising would be a perfect fit for me – glamorous and creative, like and updated version of Mad Men.
    So during my senior year at the University of Virginia I came to New York to interview with several agencies. It was a cold, rainy March day and the wind turned my umbrella inside out. I couldn't find a cab, had a terrible cold, and my mascara was dripping down my face. Interviewer after interviewer looked at me patiently and either told me there was nothing available or to consider going to business school. Finally, after the head of personnel for Grey Advertising said, in essence, “Don't call us, we'll call you.” I really impressed her. I started to cry. She suggested that I find a job closer to my parents. So much for my advertising career. Luckily the TV news thing worked out a bit better.

所有跟帖: 

我總覺得你在UNREASONABLE和on之類的n音發得是不是有點重了? -bingli- 給 bingli 發送悄悄話 bingli 的博客首頁 (30 bytes) () 10/11/2013 postreply 13:42:43

謝謝小蔓和冰粒 for always being very helpful! -2msmom- 給 2msmom 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 10/25/2013 postreply 06:42:38

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”