Katie Couric The Best Advice I Ever Got, Part 22

來源: 2msmom 2013-10-03 08:19:26 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1260 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 2msmom ] 在 2013-10-03 17:55:56 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

歡迎多多批評指正.
謝謝大家對我上片的鼓勵和建議. 二姐, 冰粒, 等等. 我覺得Katie Couric的這一段,有點像我的心裏話:-).

So why didn't I just throw in the towel and say, “Maybe I'm not cut out for this business”? I knew that my skills needed to be honed and that I was a work-in-progress, but I was convinced that I had the skills and I could do the job. I also knew something else. Along the way, you're bound to encounter people who are naysayers and buzz killers. Maybe they're insecure, maybe they're bitter, maybe they simply lack imagination. Those people need to be strained from your life like sand from a colander of freshly washed seashells. But then again, some of them may – surprise! - be right. Sure, they could have been more tactful, but both of my hypercritical news directors – men who in so many words told me “You can't” - actually did me a favor. I worked harder, got better, and became more determined than ever to prove them wrong.

所有跟帖: 

同意師妹的看法,還有knew改為美式讀法就更完美了。 -bingli- 給 bingli 發送悄悄話 bingli 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/03/2013 postreply 14:17:59

謝謝小蔓和冰粒. 我的Say 和 See總沒有發好.這幾天餓補一下, -2msmom- 給 2msmom 發送悄悄話 (161 bytes) () 10/03/2013 postreply 19:32:51

讀得好,期待下集早日問世。 -~葉子~- 給 ~葉子~ 發送悄悄話 ~葉子~ 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/04/2013 postreply 20:47:46

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”