Katie Couric The Best Advice I Ever Got, Part 20

來源: 2msmom 2013-09-04 19:10:08 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2353 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 2msmom ] 在 2013-09-06 19:10:57 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

上次應該是part 19, 打錯了.這次就直接糾正成part 20吧.

歡迎多多批評指正

Part 3 Never Give In
On Pluck and Perseverance

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

I could probably write an entire book about the people who thought I'd never make it in television. I guess I'll begin at the beginning. In the early eighties, when I was working at CNN as an assistant assignment editor, the Washington bureau chief, Stuart Loory, decided to give me my first big break. He approached me one day and said, “Katie, would you like to go to the White House every morning and report on the president's schedule for the day?” I could hardly believe it. I have never done a TV report in my life, and now I was going to be at the White House! I went home, thrilled and terrified, spent much of the evening in front of the mirror, talking earnestly into my hairbrush, and has a sleepless night fantasizing about my acclaimed television debut. The next morning, the crew helped me put in my earpiece and watched as showtime approached. During the commercial break, I heard the two anchors Dave Walker and Lois Hart, a married couple, chatting with each other. “Who is that girl?” Lois asked. “I don't know,” Dave answered. “But she looks like she's about sixteen years old!” Confidence began to escape my body like air from a tire. When they “threw” to me, I recited the president's schedule in a singsongy voice, more or less reading from the AP wire: “At ten o'clock, the president has a meeting with National Security Adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski” -working a tad too hard to pronounce it properly. When it was over, more relieved than anything else, I went back to the bureau, where a very nice assignment editor named Bill Hensel told me that he has gotten a call from the president of CNN, Reese Schonfeld. The message was blunt: He never wanted to see me on the air again.

所有跟帖: 

我說這個v不影響大局 -niteBynite- 給 niteBynite 發送悄悄話 (402 bytes) () 09/05/2013 postreply 08:37:54

喜歡你朗讀係列msmom加油.關於v美壇舊帖討論過供參考,請大家心平氣和交流,謝謝 -京燕花園- 給 京燕花園 發送悄悄話 京燕花園 的博客首頁 (15700 bytes) () 09/05/2013 postreply 09:13:12

非常好的係列,繼續朗讀,為你加油。 -祤湫霖- 給 祤湫霖 發送悄悄話 祤湫霖 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/05/2013 postreply 10:07:01

這帖怎麽卷起來了,大家開誠布公地討論不錯嗎。 -nitebynite- 給 nitebynite 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/05/2013 postreply 10:31:13

喜歡你的朗誦練習,加油! -~葉子~- 給 ~葉子~ 發送悄悄話 ~葉子~ 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/05/2013 postreply 20:01:33

謝謝各位的鼓勵和指導 -2msmom- 給 2msmom 發送悄悄話 (578 bytes) () 09/06/2013 postreply 18:38:54

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”