【美隊】Katie Couric The Best Advice I Ever Got, Part 8

來源: 2msmom 2013-02-20 08:03:11 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1809 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 2msmom ] 在 2013-02-20 18:35:45 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic 這片很悲,本想等過了年再發,後來覺得there are still positive messages in the sad story. So I decided to use it to add one more post for our 【美隊】 歡迎多多批評指正. That was BC. Before cancer. That jarring transition was exactly how it felt. Just fifteen months after Carrie was born, Jay was diagnosed with stage-four colon cancer and we were pulled into a swirling vortex of panic, depression, anxiety, and fear. We were desperate to find any reason to hope, but the situation, I can only now admit, was hopeless. When I told my mother-in-law, Carol (who was herself undergoing treatment for ovarian cancer), that the doctor had informed me that there were tumors all over Jay’s liver, she responded with a deflated and uncharacteristic “Shit.” What followed were nine months of brutal treatments, endless futile searches for newly discovered therapies, and copious quantities of denial. We never talked about the fact that Jay might die Acknowledging that made it too real. The closest thing to a discussion of the possibility of death came when I told Jay that if something happened to him, I didn’t think I could come to the country house we had just bought. I couldn’t imagine going there, to his dream house, without him. “Well,” he said, cushioning the blow of his almost guaranteed absence, “I hope it will be full of happy memories.” He died after collapsing on the floor of our powder room on January 24, 1998. The life I had imagined and cherished was also buried on a freezing, windy January afternoon.

所有跟帖: 

好讀,讀得越來越好了。 -yingyudidida- 給 yingyudidida 發送悄悄話 yingyudidida 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/20/2013 postreply 08:45:36

聽出問題不說不厚道。 -yingyudidida- 給 yingyudidida 發送悄悄話 yingyudidida 的博客首頁 (155 bytes) () 02/20/2013 postreply 08:51:38

謝謝being 厚道:-))). 真是有人指出後才有長進.再聽一聽,你指出的問提很正確. -2msmom- 給 2msmom 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/20/2013 postreply 19:51:33

Nice ... -Lucidus- 給 Lucidus 發送悄悄話 Lucidus 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/20/2013 postreply 10:53:30

謝謝! -2msmom- 給 2msmom 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/20/2013 postreply 19:52:14

Agree with Bill's comments. One more thing to note: -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (488 bytes) () 02/20/2013 postreply 15:14:36

謝謝美青! Always very helpful! -2msmom- 給 2msmom 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/20/2013 postreply 19:48:03

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”