Pollyanna 2

來源: wbqm 2013-02-01 19:55:08 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2187 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ wbqm ] 在 2013-02-02 03:14:18 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

"When you've finished your morning work, Nancy," Miss Polly was saying now, "you may clear the little room at the head of the stairs in the attic, and make up the cot bed. Sweep the room and clean it, of course, after you clear out the trunks and boxes."

"Yes, ma'am. And where shall I put the things, please, that I take out?"

"In the front attic." Miss Polly hesitated, then went on: "I suppose I may as well tell you now, Nancy. My niece, Miss Pollyanna Whittier, is coming to live with me. She is eleven years old, and will sleep in that room."

"A little girl—coming here, Miss Harrington? Oh, won't that be nice!" cried Nancy, thinking of the sunshine her own little sisters made in the home at "The Corners."

"Nice? Well, that isn't exactly the word I should use," rejoined Miss Polly, stiffly. "However, I intend to make the best of it, of course. I am a good woman, I hope; and I know my duty."

Nancy colored hotly.

"Of course, ma'am; it was only that I thought a little girl here might—might brighten things up for you," she faltered.

"Thank you," rejoined the lady, dryly. "I can't say, however, that I see any immediate need for that."

"But, of course, you—you'd want her, your sister's child," ventured Nancy, vaguely feeling that somehow she must prepare a welcome for this lonely little stranger.

Miss Polly lifted her chin haughtily.

"Well, really, Nancy, just because I happened to have a sister who was silly enough to marry and bring unnecessary children into a world that was already quite full enough, I can't see how I should particularly WANT to have the care of them myself. However, as I said before, I hope I know my duty. See that you clean the corners, Nancy," she finished sharply, as she left the room.

"Yes, ma'am," sighed Nancy, picking up the half-dried pitcher—now so cold it must be rinsed again.

所有跟帖: 

樓主這次沒有上次讀的下的功夫大 -yingyudidida- 給 yingyudidida 發送悄悄話 yingyudidida 的博客首頁 (687 bytes) () 02/01/2013 postreply 21:26:05

謝謝指正!下次一定注意,繼續努力。 -wbqm- 給 wbqm 發送悄悄話 wbqm 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/01/2013 postreply 21:50:07

Exactly -yingyudidida- 給 yingyudidida 發送悄悄話 yingyudidida 的博客首頁 (546 bytes) () 02/02/2013 postreply 04:25:47

佩服。再請教怎樣連讀:You've finished... 中的You've -wbqm- 給 wbqm 發送悄悄話 wbqm 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/02/2013 postreply 05:14:19

How about this: -yingyudidida- 給 yingyudidida 發送悄悄話 yingyudidida 的博客首頁 (228 bytes) () 02/02/2013 postreply 16:16:18

感覺Nancy的語調比較正;Miss Polly的語調還要再dry and stiff一點。 -淘金客- 給 淘金客 發送悄悄話 淘金客 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/02/2013 postreply 08:55:30

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”