Katie Couric The Best Advice I Ever Got, Part 4

來源: 2msmom 2013-01-16 07:48:36 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1602 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 2msmom ] 在 2013-01-17 04:00:43 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic 歡迎多多批評指正. So the memories of my youth are a collection of happy snapshots: cheerleading, running track, playing the piano, piling into our station wagon for an occasional vacation to the beach as we demolished the sandwiches my mom had made for lunch by 9 A.M., taking my sister Emily to New York to travel across the ocean to spend her junior year abroad while she was at Smith College, going to my brother Johnny’s baseball and basketball games, watching my sister Kiki driving off in my dad’s racing-green Sunbeam Alpine (his one midlife indulgence), her pom-poms peeking out as she headed to a high school football game. The accompanying score would be provided by ten years of Debussy and Chopin, courtesy of my piano teacher, Mrs. Richmond. I was the only one in my family who kept up with lessons, but because I play by ear, and, like Irving Berlin, play everything in the key of C, I often slacked off when it came to actually reading music. But I still love to sit down, even today, and figure out a song I’ve just heard or dust off some classical pieces from my early years. All these things made up a childhood that gave me a healthy sense of who I was and no boundaries for what I might become, although at the time I had no idea. To some, it might seem pretty ordinary. For me, it was heaven.

所有跟帖: 

以前我喜歡看Katie主持的Today Show,如今呀,我還喜歡讀她寫的文章,謝你朗讀。 -紓珈- 給 紓珈 發送悄悄話 紓珈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/17/2013 postreply 06:12:11

謝謝.我也喜歡Katie. 覺得她雖有名但不張揚. -2msmom- 給 2msmom 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/17/2013 postreply 17:49:28

小磚幾塊。 -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (412 bytes) () 01/18/2013 postreply 19:21:11

多謝文青. 這就回去琢磨了. -2msmom- 給 2msmom 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/22/2013 postreply 07:21:52

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”