Katie Couric 2012 Commencement, 第九部分

來源: 2msmom 2012-11-08 19:07:26 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2410 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 2msmom ] 在 2012-11-09 18:39:18 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

歡迎大家批評指正.

And then there’s the whole notion of finding your passion. I’m a firm believer that if you do what you love, you’ll love what you do. That said, in order to find yourself, you need to actually be looking and trying things…not just thinking about it or talking about it. In other words…get a job. It might not be as easy as it used to be and you may have to hustle a little bit more- but it is still doable.

Meg Jay, a clinical psychologist here at the University, writes in her new book about your 20s, called “The Defining Decade,” that 80% of life’s most defining decisions are made by the age of 35. Salaries peak and plateau in our 40s. People who start too late never catch up. Just something to think about when you’re booking that Euro-Rail pass!

This concludes the tough love portion of the program. Ok, now back to me.

After CNN, I worked in local news in Miami and Washington DC. My big break came when my dear friend and mentor, the late Tim Russert told me I had spunk...and unlike Lou Grant, Tim liked spunk. So he offered me a job as the deputy Pentagon correspondent for NBC.

By 1991, I was the co-anchor of the "Today" show where I spent 15 fantastic years. I covered triumphs at the Olympics and tragedies here at home, like Columbine, the bombing in Oklahoma City, and 9/11, which I believe was one of the most important assignments of my career. And there was endless variety. Where else could you interview Yasser Arafat, Howard Stern and Miss Piggy in the same week? It was such a privilege to anchor the "Today" Show, but after one too many 5am wake up calls, I was ready for a new chapter.

The opportunity to become the first solo female anchor of a network evening newscast was hard to turn down. After all when I started in TV news back in 1979 there were still plenty of guys who wanted to keep the broads out of broadcasting. Back then, harass was considered TWO words…not one (that always takes a minute, so 1, 2, 3). The chance to show that a woman, on her own, could handle the job with intelligence and competence seemed worth the risk.

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”