Katie Couric 2012 Commencement, 第八部分

來源: 2msmom 2012-11-05 07:56:24 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2619 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 2msmom ] 在 2012-11-05 17:04:31 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

歡迎大家批評指正.

A recent article in The Atlantic entitled “How to Land Your Kid in Therapy” asked this question: Could it be that by protecting our kids from unhappiness as children we’re depriving them of happiness as adults?” In fact, some college students today are so overprotected and fragile, they’re known by administrators on campuses across the country as “teacups.”

Sometimes this spills into the workplace when young, entitled employees think they don’t have to pay their dues and they want to start at the top. But as Queen Rania of Jordan once said, “If you’re too big for the small jobs, you’re too small for the big ones.”

And if you’re going on interviews, remember this: Nothing is a bigger turn off than a 22-year-old who asks how a job will affect his or her work/life balance.

In fact, one young woman was trying to land a position on my new syndicated show and she asked how the hours would impact her weekend. Weekends? Our answer was? Not at all…because you’re not getting the job.

And speaking of teacups, according to a very reliable source one student from Darden went on a job interview…and BROUGHT HIS MOTHER! Seriously. Is that you over there? Hi, I'm speaking the truth here, people. So, whatever you do...don't bring your mother to an interview...and DO NOT use her as a reference!

Don’t be a teacup…be a travel mug. Sturdy…and, ultimately, unbreakable. Go the extra mile. Volunteer for that extra assignment. As my mom told all 4 Couric kids. Let them know you are there. Thanks Mom! You may have to work late, work weekends, or as Mike Bloomberg did, show up early. When he was in business school, he worked at a real estate office renting apartments. He had more customers than the four full-time professional brokers, because he got there before they did, answered the phone, and got all their business. The last time I checked, Mike Bloomberg is doing pretty well for himself. So, very simply: there is no substitute for hard work and doing everything you can to get the job done.

所有跟帖: 

謝謝你的Katie Couric's Commencement朗誦係列,給人鼓勵,催人上進。 -斕婷- 給 斕婷 發送悄悄話 斕婷 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 11/05/2012 postreply 08:21:30

謝謝斕婷! I have not had time to come and visit this site as often a -2msmom- 給 2msmom 發送悄悄話 (285 bytes) () 11/05/2012 postreply 20:58:28

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”