Katie Couric 2012 Commencement, 第三部分

來源: 2msmom 2012-08-28 08:02:33 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2566 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 2msmom ] 在 2012-08-28 17:57:40 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

歡迎大家批評指正。

Late night one-­ eyed bacon cheeseburgers at the UD, served by the beloved Ethel, polished off with a grillswith…yes, that Paula Dean approved dessert comprised of two smashed, fried glazed donuts topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I credit such delicacies with taking the edge OFF and putting the weight ON….the freshman ten…I mean the first - year twenty.

Because I was an RA I lived in the dorms my first three years. But by far the best place I lived was right here. (Did I mention I lived on the Lawn?) Of course I would have to do the walk of shame to the bathroom and pass eveyone headed to class wearing my pink, terry cloth bathrobe and clogs carrying my yellow plastic bucket filled with toiletries, my wet hair turning into icicles in the winter. Is that the Paparazzi? But that small,cozy room and especially the fireplace more than made up for it. And this 19th century version of a man cave made me feel like a twentieth century woman. The ultimate buzz kill must have been getting a room on the Lawn this year and finding out you couldn’t use the fireplace! What a bummer! But at least this year’s RA on the Lawn, Reedy Swanson, told me…it was a mild winter.

History and tradition run deep here, and so does a legacy of excellence.

In the nearly two centuries since it was established in 1819, the University has produced a President, 12 U.S. Senators….5 Olympic medalists…the first African American Chief Justice of the Virginia Supreme Court….and Tina Fey, who was ALMOST vice president until that crushing Amy Poehler interview.

A UVA degree has paved the way for leaders in government, business, media, science, medicine, education, law, and public service. Thomas Jefferson, the ultimate Renaissance man would be proud. After all, he was a politician, a writer, a diplomat, a scientist, a farmer, an architect, an inventor…and an oenophile, which of course is a lover or connoisseur of wine.

所有跟帖: 

精彩流暢,謝朗讀。 -斯葭- 給 斯葭 發送悄悄話 斯葭 的博客首頁 (167 bytes) () 08/28/2012 postreply 08:15:40

謝謝斯葭。 我也喜歡。 -2msmom- 給 2msmom 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/28/2012 postreply 19:12:26

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標