Katie Couric 2012 Commencement Speech, 第一部分

來源: 2msmom 2012-08-15 07:25:20 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1781 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 2msmom ] 在 2012-08-15 19:37:30 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic 歡迎大家批評指正。 University of Virginia Commencement Keynote Address Katie Couric May 20, 2012 Thank you, so much Rector Dragas, President Sullivan, faculty, distinguished guests, friends and families, and most of all to the graduating class of 2012. Let me begin with a heartfelt salutation that will bond us for all eternity…WAHOO WAH! Ah, yes, I was tempted to sing the whole “Good Ol’ Song, “ but we’ll save that for later! You know, believe it or not, I’ve spoken at 10 graduations, and with all due respect to such fine institutions as Williams College, Case Western Reserve, Boston University and Princeton, my safety school, this is far and away the most meaningful commencement address I’ve ever delivered. In fact, for the last 33 years, I’ve waited- and waited, and waited – for the call… first on a rotary phone, then on a touchtone, then a cordless and finally an iPhone. But year after year, that call never came. In 1981, George Herbert Walker Bush got the nod. He was only a vice president at the time, people! Two years later, it was Senator Pete Domenici. Sure, he was New Mexico’s longest serving Senator. But hello, this is Virginia! You know, where I’M from? John Paul Stevens delivered the commencement back in 1998. O.k., a Supreme Court Justice, but I mean, really… there are NINE of them! Elizabeth Dole…well, at least she was a Tri-Delt. In 2007, John Grisham got tapped. So he’s sold 275 million books worldwide…WHATEVER!!!

所有跟帖: 

我曾經喜歡看Katie Couric主持的[Today],謝謝你新的朗讀係列。 -紫君- 給 紫君 發送悄悄話 紫君 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/15/2012 postreply 17:40:48

謝謝紫君!Katie Couric and Hillary Clinton 的語調不太一樣,還要習慣一下。 -2msmom- 給 2msmom 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/16/2012 postreply 13:33:11

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”