電影短語:I Am Just Ordinary(視頻片段)

來源: 祤湫霖 2016-10-08 19:18:49 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2278 bytes)
回答: 電影短語:You Are A Legend(視頻片段)祤湫霖2016-10-08 19:14:32

電影短語:You Are A Legend(視頻片段)  

http://bbs.wenxuecity.com/yingwendianying/211487.html

English @ the Movies:, "I'm just ordinary."  (ZT)

Welcome to the English@ the movies where we teach you American English heard at the movies. Today's term is "I'm just ordinary." It came from the movie "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children."

This films tells about children with special powers and evil beings who want to hurt them. Let's listen for the expression:"I am just ordinary."

---I knew you were one of us when you were born. It's time for you to learn what you can do.

---But I am just ordinary.

---No, you are not. You were born to protect us.

So what do the words "I am just ordinary" mean in this film?

A). I am speical.

B). I am not special.

Listen again and see if you are correct.

"I am just ordianry." means " I am not special." The definination of the word "ordianry" is something normal or usual. It is not different.

In the movie, the boy thinks he is normal without speical powers like the other children, but in fact, he can save them. That means he is no "ordinary" child.  And that is English @ the movies.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children Official Trailer #1 (2016) - Eva Green Movie HD

所有跟帖: 

喜歡看電影學短語,謝謝祤湫霖分享,問好! -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/09/2016 postreply 12:35:26

謝謝鬆鬆留言,周日好,新周快樂。 -祤湫霖- 給 祤湫霖 發送悄悄話 祤湫霖 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/09/2016 postreply 15:55:58

You are not ordinary, but you are a legendary grace. -rockcurrent- 給 rockcurrent 發送悄悄話 rockcurrent 的博客首頁 (39 bytes) () 10/10/2016 postreply 07:42:00

Thanks for your compliments.I am really flattered. -祤湫霖- 給 祤湫霖 發送悄悄話 祤湫霖 的博客首頁 (242 bytes) () 11/03/2016 postreply 12:17:32

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!