與食物有關的習慣用語

來源: Learntoforget 2009-10-16 11:32:16 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1674 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ Learntoforget ] 在 2009-10-20 04:21:14 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Idioms from Food

The used car I bought for three hundred dollars was a lemon. My friends said I was nuts to believe the baloney the seller gave. The seller said that the car was like new, with only ten thousand miles on it. She called it reliable transportation at a very low price. She said she was really selling it for peanuts.

Starting the engine of the car was a piece of cake. I just turned the key – no problem. However, soon I was in a pickle: the brakes didn’t work! The owner of the Cadillac I hit went bananas when he saw the damage to the front of his car. He started shouting at me and wouldn’t stop. Now I have to pay him two thousand dollars to repair his car. But my friend Nina was a peach. She took my car to the garbage dump so that I didn’t have to see it again.

In a pickle -----------------in trouble
A lemon ------------------ something that does not work, usually an electrical appliance or mechanical item.
To cream someone -------- to totally beat someone in a game
Peanuts ------------------ a very small amount of money
Baloney ------------------ nonsense
Fishy -------------------- suspicious, not right or honest
Nuts --------------------- very crazy, very upset
To go bananas ------------ to go crazy
A peach ------------------ a very nice person
The apple of one’s eye ---- someone’s favorite person

所有跟帖: 

喜歡你的[習慣用語]係列,還有短語解釋,讀的真流利。 -婉蕠- 給 婉蕠 發送悄悄話 婉蕠 的博客首頁 (20 bytes) () 10/16/2009 postreply 11:41:31

謝謝婉mm的鼓勵。我有一本書,我會 -Learntoforget- 給 Learntoforget 發送悄悄話 (36 bytes) () 10/16/2009 postreply 11:48:28

Learntoforget, that is great. Thank you in advance. -婉蕠- 給 婉蕠 發送悄悄話 婉蕠 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/16/2009 postreply 12:53:12

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”