guns and trading the market

來源: noconfusion 2012-12-19 16:19:13 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1287 bytes)

the gun-ban people would never make any money in the stock market... these people emotionally react to single data points, without looking at statistical facts on what is the bigger evil and what is the overall win for the society.... when I presented the statistical facts yesterday and today, there was ZERO response made from that crowd, because there is NOTHING they can go with.

no system is perfect. liberal gun policy brings lower crime rate... but there will be casualties.

arguing for a gun-ban, to the worst extreme, is like arguing against fighting Hitler, because it will certainly bring casualties, vs. simply surrender.

gun-control on the other hand, makes certain sense on paper.... but the jury is still out based on past data... it's up for debate.

Ironically, the same concept applies while trading the market... only a loser would expect zero casualty in trading (i.e. winning every trade).... therefore these people emotionally react to single data points (single trades), without looking at the long term picture of a statistical winning edge, or the lack of.

You can learn a lot from the past few days.... when emotion is high, human nature is shown... either on the gun issue, or on the tops/bottoms of a stock chart.

所有跟帖: 

Please cite a single example showing -SwiperTheFox- 給 SwiperTheFox 發送悄悄話 SwiperTheFox 的博客首頁 (390 bytes) () 12/19/2012 postreply 16:27:40

you misread me -noconfusion- 給 noconfusion 發送悄悄話 noconfusion 的博客首頁 (64 bytes) () 12/19/2012 postreply 16:31:53

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”