contractor want to put a mechanical lien on my property, what sh

來源: yuanye33 2012-12-18 21:14:46 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1347 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ yuanye33 ] 在 2012-12-18 22:20:36 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

We did a roof 2 weeks ago with a contractor. They asked to pay in full at the day they finish the job. I found that they did not replace all the flash as our agreement(they replaced about 40%), and they used different colored singles on the ridge part of the roof. The other roof contractor told me that they used different brand much cheaper material for the ridge part, and it's not a lifetime warrenty material. The contract write clearly the lifetime material and the color that I choosed. for those reason I hold about 1/3 of the contract price money. There are some other small issues too.

剛開始我發現 FLASH 問題, 他不承認, 幾天以後答應給我修, 可我又發現 RIDGE 問題, 他又不承認, 還說他給別人做的都這樣, 要修也隻能用最CLOSE 的COLOR 來修.

I do not trust them anymore, so I ask the quote from another contractor to fix those problems. I want to deduct the money from the contract price and use it to fix the roof with another contractor.

After I told them the deduction amount that the other contractor quoted 2 days ago, we did not hear anything back. Today we received a notice that they will put a mechanical lien on my property. Is it legal for them to do so in this situation? what should I do if they do so?

By the way, I applied the building permit from city. The city final inspection (after work done) is not done yet.

Thanks a lot for any help!

所有跟帖: 

試試這個 -ivpingshu- 給 ivpingshu 發送悄悄話 (90 bytes) () 12/18/2012 postreply 22:15:06

collect enough evidences -planotx- 給 planotx 發送悄悄話 (333 bytes) () 12/18/2012 postreply 22:48:27

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”